Keto Skillet Cookie is the ultimate sugar-free indulgence. It’s warm and gooey, and so easy to make. Made with almond flour and using just 6 ingredients- It’s the perfect low-carb dessert sure to impress family and friends!
This giant keto chocolate chip cookie is made in a cast-iron skillet so you don’t have to scoop the dough into cookie balls. It is SO easy and is always a crowd-pleaser. They come out warm and gooey and are so much easier to make!
This Easy Gluten-Free Skillet Cookie is one of our favorite easy desserts to make when that late-night cookie craving hits. Super crispy, buttery edges and an ooey-gooey center! You won’t even know it is a low-carb version. Serve warm with a scoop of dairy-free and sugar-free ice cream! The ice cream will melt into the warm cookie and you will be in heaven! I also like to serve with Greek Yogurt.
The keto chocolate chip cookie is slightly under-baked so the center is soft and gooey, but the edges are still slightly crispy.
Why you’ll love this Keto Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- Kid-friendly: There’s no surprise here, but kids of all ages love this skillet cookie recipe!
- Make ahead: If you are planning to make this to serve as a sharing dessert, you can easily prep it ahead of time.
- Delicious! Seriously, what’s not to love?! If you like cookies, this is about to become your new favorite recipe!
Ingredients to make Keto Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Melted Butter
- Granulated sweetener
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- Baking soda
- Sugar-free Chocolate Chips (Click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
How to make Keto Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease a 10-inch oven-proof skillet with butter or cooking spray.
- Add melted butter and sweetener to a stand mixer (or hand mixer with a large bowl) mix on medium until combined.
- Add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix until all combined.
- Add in almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until dough forms.
- Fold in Lily’s Chocolate Chips.
- Press into the skillet in an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. 20 minutes will result in a gooey skillet cookie while 25 minutes will be firmer.
- Cut into 10 slices and serve with your favorite keto-friendly ice cream
Tips to make the best skillet cookie
Do not overbake the cookie. It continues to cook up until you serve it, as the skillet remains hot.
Can I prepare this in advance?
This is the kind of dessert that is best made just before enjoying. If you prepare the batter in advance, the almond flour will absorb too much of the egg and harden the butter. In turn, it will fall apart as it bakes.
How long does it last?
This keto skillet chocolate chip cookie is best served warm straight out of the oven. If you have leftovers, they will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 or 3 days and in the fridge for around 5.
How to store and reheat leftovers
To store: If you have any leftover cookie, transfer it out of the skillet and place it in a sealable container. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
To reheat: Either reheat in the microwave (30 seconds) or in a preheated oven. If you prefer thicker and chewier cookies, you can enjoy it directly from the fridge!
No rolling or chilling the dough makes this a quick and easy dessert and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.