At this time of the year, I have so many things to do, that I need simple weeknight recipes that my kids will love and that can easily be prepped ahead… I’m always looking for great, easy, healthy and tasty chicken breast recipes.
We eat more chicken in our house than any other meat for sure. Chicken is cheaper than other meat and it is so versatile. There´s a lot of meals that you can prepare with chicken. And in the other way chicken is white meat which is healthier than red meat.
Some people don’t like chicken breast because they say that it´s dry and flavorless chicken. Now I’m going to tell you my secrets to make the juiciest, flavorful and tender oven baked boneless and skinless chicken breast.
- I always let the chicken marinade in fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper. It’s best to marinate chicken breasts 1 to 2 hours before baking. There isn’t a need to go longer than that. It’s a magical mixture of fresh lemon, salt, and pepper. Simple, simple, but it can make a difference. The marinade works wonders with all cuts of chicken as well as pork, by the way.
- Another secret is that I seal the meat in a frying pan with two tablespoons of olive oil and a crushed garlic clove.
- Don´t overcook the chicken breast. Set your oven to 220ºC / 430º F for about 15 – 20 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it could take longer), or until juices run clear and breasts are no longer pink in the middle. If you’re in doubt, use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is heated through to 160-170°F (or 70-75°C). Cooking time can vary though, depending on how thick your chicken breasts are, how hot your oven runs and if you have preheated it before baking.
- Then cover the chicken breast with sliced fresh mozzarella and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Allow your chicken to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Trust me. I promise that if you follow this method exactly, you won’t be disappointed.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 492 | Total Fat: 17 g | Cholesterol: 17 mg | Total Carbohydrate: 9 g | Protein: 61 g