This creamy Tuscan chicken thigh is a super-tasty one-skillet meal that’s perfect for weeknights and full of flavor! It’s ready in 30 minutes. Whole30 and keto friendly!
Chicken thighs are seared and cooked with a creamy sauce packed with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. A simple recipe that is loaded with flavor. It’s great for a midweek meal on a busy night. And as you know I’m a full-time teacher so I love this kind of meals: simple, easy and quick to prepare. So I have more time to dedicate myself to my children.
For me, this is a perfect dinner because it is all cooked in one skillet, clean up is a breeze. But my Tuscan chicken recipe has one secret: usually, I don’t use sun-dried tomatoes; I prefer fresh tomatoes.
What do you need to make keto and Whole30 Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs
For this recipe, I knew from the start that I’d have to go with chicken thighs. These are our favorites in my home. But breasts are good too.
For the base, I like to use heavy cream (great keto option) but half & half or substituting the heavy cream with coconut milk for Paleo option. Sometimes I also like to add a little chicken broth to the sauce.
So you will need:
For the chicken
- 5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
For the sauce
- Cloves garlic
- Heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to make this amazing keto Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs
Why this Keto and Whole30 Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs are so amazing? it all comes together in about 30 minutes…check it out!
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the skillet and cook for about 13 minutes to crisp up the skin. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly. The skin should be hard to the touch.
- Flip the chicken, then cook for about another 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add the garlic and onion, stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is one of my and my family favorite meals ever. I’m always looking for recipes that my kids eat more vegetables. Serve with zucchini noodles, veggies or a salad for a low-carb protein packed lunch or dinner! Try it and I think you’ll find it becomes a regular in your dinner rotation!
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 264 | Total Fat: 18g-27 % | Cholesterol: 79mg-26 % | Total Carbohydrate: 5g-2 % | Protein: 19 g-38 %