Fried Cabbage with Bacon is an incredibly quick and easy low-carb and keto-approved side dish or main! Is the perfect side dish for all of your family dinners! The cabbage is super tender and full of delicious flavor.
You can serve this stir-fry as a healthy side dish, or add beef, pork, chicken, fish, tofu and even eggs for a fast weeknight meal!
This Fried Cabbage with Bacon is for sure one of my family’s favorite recipes! Cabbage is one of the vegetables that the mother has year-round in her garden. Therefore, I confess that it is one of the most cooked vegetables in my house. Besides, it is a vegetable that is well tolerated by my irritable bowel.
What Is Fried Cabbage?
Fried cabbage is a classic southern side dish that is essentially a cabbage stir fry made with cabbage, onion, and bacon. It can be seasoned in a variety of ways but I like to keep it simple with a little garlic, salt, and pepper. It is inexpensive and reheats perfectly in your microwave.
Ingredients to make Easy Keto Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Only a few simple ingredients are required for this easy recipe! As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
Cabbage – the star of this recipe!
Bacon – I recommend using thick cut bacon for this recipe, but any bacon will do.
Onion – The onions cooked in the bacon grease add an amazing depth of flavor!
Garlic – Because everything tastes better with garlic!
Butter – the butter adds rich flavor to the cabbage and also keeps the cabin from sticking to the pan.
Seasonings – I like to use salt, black pepper, sweet paprika.
How to make Easy Keto Fried Cabbage with bacon
This quick and easy cabbage stir fry recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute, stirring continuously.
- Stir in cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Cook until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add bacon and butter and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve immediately.
What to serve with this Keto Fried Cabbage
Basically, you can serve fried cabbage with everything you want. And that’s the that I love it so much and why I make it often in my house.
How to store Keto Fried Cabbage
Store this Southern fried cabbage recipe in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. When you’re ready to eat, simply heat in the microwave or a hot skillet.
Can I freeze Keto Fried Cabbage?
To freeze, let cool and then transfer to a freezer-safe, ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet on low heat.
Another Keto Side Dishes
Roasted Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds
Sauteed Broccolini with Garlic Lemon Butter
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||25 minutes|
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large Head Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a plate with a slotted spoon. Do not discard bacon drippings.
- Sauté the onion in the bacon grease until the onion caramelizes (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add the cabbage to the pan. Season cabbage and onions with salt, paprika, and pepper. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- Mix bacon into the cabbage to warm through and serve.