These delicious Almond Flour Pancakes are light and fluffy, keto, low carb, and gluten-free. These are truly the best keto pancakes!
My family loves pancakes. I tried a bunch of different recipes. But these gluten-free wonders are my all-time favorite. They’re so easy to make, you can whip them up before the rest of the family is even awake.
This almond flour pancake recipe requires just six simple ingredients, is naturally sweetened, and has a wonderfully fluffy, delicate texture. The almond flour I used is extra-fine and fat-reduced. It makes the pancakes light and fluffy. I thought they tasted just like wheat pancakes! Even so, regular almond flour that is not de-fatted will also work well.
These fluffy keto pancakes are not only delicious. They’re also super quick to put together. You can almost do it while you’re waiting for the kettle to boil. And then enjoy a leisurely keto breakfast!
The best part is knowing that these almond flour pancakes are low-carb and gluten-free. I like to serve mine up with butter and sugar-free maple flavored syrup for comfort food without any of the guilt.
This recipe is much easier to make than my keto coconut flour pancakes since almond flour is easier to work with than coconut flour.
Ingredients to make Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
Low Carb Sweetener
How to make Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
- In a large blender, combine the eggs, almond milk, oil, and vanilla. Blend 30 seconds to combine. Add the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt and blend again until smooth. Let the batter rest 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add lightly grease with a little oil. Use about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake and spread into a 3 or 4 inch circle. Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to appear on the tops and the edges are set and dry, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and continue to cook until golden brown on the second side, another 2 to 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the pan as needed.
Can These Almond Flour Pancakes Be Frozen and Reheated
These almond flour pancakes reheat very well. You may either refrigerate or freeze extras. If refrigerating your pancakes, reheat them by microwaving in 30 second increments until the desired temperature is reached. You may also use a toaster oven to reheat them but a standard toaster is not recommended. If freezing extras, place a small piece of parchment paper in-between each pancake so that they don’t stick together. Follow the same reheating instructions.
Tips to make the Best Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
- Adjust the temperature: These almond flour pancakes burn fairly quickly (much quicker than regular pancakes). To avoid that, keep the temperature fairly low and monitor them while cooking. Also, you may need to reduce the heat as the skillet becomes hotter.
- Using a blender/ food processor: Feel free to do so instead of manually whisking the pancake batter. It will make the batter even fluffier, and you don’t have to worry about overworking gluten as there is none.
- Use room temperature eggs: Especially if you’re using coconut oil or melted butter in the pancake batter.