Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies made in the blender with only 7 ingredients! They’re grain-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free, so they make a deliciously healthy treat for when those chocolate cravings hit.
I have to admit – brownies are a total weakness for me and my boys. I have a hard time saying no to them. These flourless sweet potato brownies will satisfy all your brownie cravings. And kids don´t even note that they are made with sweet potato. It’s hard to believe that a brownie that is flourless and made with sweet potato can be just as good as the real thing but it is true!
The sweet potatoes make these brownies more nutritious. Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious and are packed with antioxidants and vitamins.
They’re incredibly simple to make. You basically just cook up a sweet potato, blend up your ingredients in a food processor, and bake. You’ve got yourself some delicious flourless brownies in about 30 minutes. Even a basic baker like me can handle this recipe.
These sweet potato brownies are soft, gooey, and oh-so-chocolatey. They are super rich and fudgy.
In these secretly lightened-up brownies, the sweet potato adds depth of flavor and moisture, keeping the brownies soft and fudgy without needing any oil in the recipe.
They taste like pure bliss and are pretty much impossible to stop eating… until suddenly you look up and the whole tray is gone.
Ingredients to make Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
- Sweet Potato (2 medium or 1 large)
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Butter
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened 100% cacao)
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
How to make Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
- Cook a sweet potato in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Make sure to poke with a fork a few times so it doesn’t explode.
- Allow sweet potato cool and then remove skin and mash with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process on high until the batter becomes smooth and creamy, taking care to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Add batter to an 8×8 baking pan that is either lined with parchment paper or greased well.
- Top with additional chocolate chips or sea salt if desired. (optional)
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Be sure not to overcook them. You will know when they are done when you shake the pan and they don’t jiggle.
How to Store These Brownies
These brownies aren’t lasting long in our house, but my recommendation is to store leftover brownies in the fridge for up to one week. I haven’t tried freezing them, but I’m sure they would be okay to freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
Are these brownies paleo?
Yes! They’re paleo because there’s no flour or refined sugar. These brownies are going to be LESS sweet than traditional brownies because they only use maple syrup as the sweetener, so if you want them to be sweeter you can add 2 tbsp coconut sugar or simply add chopped chocolate.
Why these sweet potato brownies are the best?
- They’re made with just 7 ingredients
- The main ingredient is sweet potato, so they really are healthy
- There’s no refined sugar–just maple syrup and almond butter