These Asian Beef Tips simmered in a savory mushroom gravy are comfort food classic that’s easy to make, and the perfect dinner option that the whole family will love. All made in well under 30 minutes. This is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy homemade takeout.
Today I’m bringing on another round of homemade comfort food. Beef Tips makes the most perfect, savory, filling dish for those hearty, in-a-hurry weekday meals. My family absolutely loves this dish.
This is a quick and easy recipe for making a beef stir fry with mushrooms, tossed in a simple Asian sauce. You only need one pan to make this low carb keto beef dinner. With this recipe, you can taste a Chinese styling beef in the comfort of your sweet home.
I like to avoid using store-bought gravy mixes as much as possible. So I’m making a from-scratch gravy mix using simple ingredients that you can find in your own pantry.
The best most tender flavorful fall apart Garlic Butter Beef Tips and Mushroom Gravy. It’s a great recipe for a chilly evening. Very comforting and hearty.
Do you need a wok for Asian Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy?
No!!!! If you don’t have a wok, then you can still enjoy this dish! I’ve already made this recipe in a cast iron pan and it works as well. A flat bottomed frying pan/skillet will have the maximum amount of pan touching the burner and give you the best chance of high heat.
Ingredients to make Keto Asian Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- Sirloin steak cut into inch pieces
- Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Garlic minced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Xanthan Gum
How to make Keto Asian Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the meat in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until browned.
- Remove the steak from the pan; cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and onions; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the mushrooms and onions for 5-6 minutes or until tender and browned. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of Soy sauce with 1/2 cup of water. Add the xanthan gum and whisk very well.
- Add this mixture to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add the steak back to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
The sauce thickens quickly to that real thick Chinese takeout style sauce. If you aren’t a fan of the thick coating takeaway style sauces, then you can reduce the quantity of Xanthan Gum to 1/2 tbsp if you just want a thinner sauce.
What can you serve with this Keto Asian Beef Tips and Mushroom Gravy?
If you’re looking for low carb, simply serve over Cauliflower rice and you have a perfect keto dinner.
Be sure to sear the meat off. This is an important step to seal in the juices. The browning process also adds flavor to the finished dish.