This keto flourless chocolate cake is moist, fudgy, rich, decadent, and the perfect dessert for any celebration. Made with sugar-free chocolate and your sweetener of choice, this is the best flourless chocolate cake recipe ever!
If you are a chocolate loverlike I am, you are going to fall in love with this rich chocolate cake after one bite. It is so rich you probably only need a bite or two, but it’s SO good you will end up eating the entire piece…and you might even want another piece if you are like me.
It falls and crackles in the most lovely chocolatey way, and with the most tender texture that’s fudgy and light at all once. Plus it’s gluten-free and sugar-free!
When it comes to chocolate desserts it doesn’t get much better than a rich and decadent Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake! The texture is almost brownie-like and it’s so rich and chocolatey it’s hard to stop at one slice. Better yet, this is a 1 bowl cake so there’s minimal washing up involved and it’s made with just 8 simple pantry ingredients! It’s the perfect cake for any occasion whether you serve it for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, or just because you want a sweet treat.
And the best part? It is SO easy to make. The real secret of this Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake is to use sugar-free chocolate.
Ingredients to make Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Powdered sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Espresso powder – This adds such a delicious flavor to the cake without giving it an overpowering coffee taste so if you don’t like coffee I guarantee you will still love this cake!
How to make Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9 in (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the bottom and sides.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, in a double boiler on the stove or at medium-low power in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Do not overheat to avoid splitting.
- Remove from heat and pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat in the vanilla and sea salt at *low* speed.
- Beat in the eggs at *low* speed, one at a time.
- Beat in the powdered sweetener, still at low speed. The mixture should be somewhat smooth, but a little lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Place the springform pan onto a baking sheet to catch any leaks, just in case.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the top just starts to form a very thin crust on the edges only, and the internal temperature in the center via thermometer is 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). The cake will not look done, which is normal, so go by the temperature.
Cool to room temperature in the pan, then refrigerate overnight (at least 8 hours) right in the pan.
Remove the pan from the fridge 1 hour before serving. Pop off the sides of the springform pan and transfer to a plate or cake stand. Dust with additional powdered sweetener if desired. Let the cake reach room temperature before slicing.
HOW TO TELL WHEN FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE IS DONE
The most important step in making the best flourless chocolate cake is not over or under baking it! You want the top to start to form a very thin crust, but it should be jiggly underneath.
Use a thermometer to get it just right. The keto flourless chocolate cake is done baking when the internal temperature measures 140 degrees Fahrenheit.