These easy low carb teriyaki chicken wings are full of flavors that consist of juicy chicken, homemade teriyaki sauce which is low carb and keto-friendly can be made in just 30 minutes for a perfect family dinner.
Chicken wings are the latest thing that I’ve been into cooking, and this is my absolute favorite way to make them. They are sooo good!! In my opinion, you can never go wrong with chicken wings.
With this recipe, you can make an authentic, healthy, and low in sugar Teriyaki Chicken right at home. These wings are a crowd pleaser and perfect for busy weeknights. The make-from-scratch keto teriyaki sauce is so delicious!
This Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is fast and simple. They’re sticky, slightly sweet, and perfect as an appetizer or main dish. These wings are the classic party wings for pretty much any occasion as Game Day, for example.
What is Teriyaki Chicken?
Teriyaki Chicken is a popular Japanese dish where teriyaki means to brush the soy sauce glaze on the fish or meat multiple times while it cooks on the grill, pan, or broil.
Are Teriyaki Chicken Wings Keto-friendly??
Yes, the traditional recipe is loaded with sugar but don’t worry today we will be making this recipe with low carb teriyaki chicken sauce which is low carb and keto-friendly.
What Ingredients are in this Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe?
This recipe will be loved by your entire family, using minimal ingredients you already have in your pantry or refrigerator!
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Ground ginger
- Granulated garlic
- Chicken wings, broken into flats and drumettes (save the tips for stock or discard)
Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Brown sugar substitute such as Sukrin Gold
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Ginger, grated
- Garlic Cloves, minced
- Xanthan Gum
- Sea salt
How to make Keto Teriyaki Chicken Thighs?
To make this oven-baked recipe, the first thing to do is dry the wings thoroughly with paper towels. This process will minimize water on the surface of the skin which can create excess steam.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F and place a metal wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the rack with the vegetable oil.
- Combine the salt, pepper, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl. Sprinkle half the seasoning over the chicken wings, then flip the chicken wings and sprinkle the remaining half of the seasoning over the other side.
- Place all the wings on the wire rack.
- Bake the wings for 35 minutes. In the meanwhile, make the teriyaki sauce. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar substitute, rice vinegar, and xanthan gum to combine. Set aside.
- Add the sesame oil in a non-stick pan and sautee the garlic and ginger until lightly fragrant. Pour in the sauce and allow to simmer. Stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Coat the wing with 1/3 of this sauce
- Place back in the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once the wings are done baking, coat them one more time with the reduced teriyaki sauce by either dipping them in the glaze or brushing the wings with the glaze.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or roasted broccoli.
Can you Store the Keto Teriyaki Chicken wings leftovers?
Yes. Let it cool and place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Crispy outside and juicy inside, these Keto Teriyaki Wings will let you enjoy all the sweet and sugary flavors of traditional teriyaki wings without adding gluten and carbs to the recipe! These sugar-free, low carb, keto-friendly teriyaki wings are perfect for the whole family!