This keto low carb unstuffed cabbage casserole is a family-pleasing main dish perfect for weeknights. This one-pot casserole is layered with shredded cabbage and ground beef cooked in tomatoes then topped with melted cheese.
I grew up eating stuffed cabbage and always loved it when my Mom and Dad made it for dinner. This casserole version of the classic is so darn delicious! That makes me a huge fan of the Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole recipe… especially on special occasions. Nothing makes me think of my childhood and family more than Cabbage This classic comfort food meal makes the absolute best cabbage rolls, but they take forever!
When I just don’t have the time to fiddle with boiling/freezing cabbage leaves and making the rolls, I turn to this simple lazy cabbage roll casserole.
I don’t know about you, but we love one-skillet meals. It’s so nice to have only one pan to wash after dinner.
Simple ingredients like ground beef and cabbage along with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices together give this meal incredible flavor. This hearty casserole is full of healthy veggies and lean protein.
Another great thing about this cabbage roll casserole is that it can be prepared the night before (or in the morning) and then simply baked before serving. This makes it the perfect meal for guests and busy school nights!
Your family will absolutely love this Keto Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole and you will love how easy it is! Homemade, hearty and healthy! It will quickly become a family favorite!
Ingredients to make this Keto Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole Rolls
- Ground beef
- Garlic cloves
- Green cabbage head
- Red bell pepper
- Marinara sauce
- Tomato paste
- Beef broth
- Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make Keto Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole Rolls
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet and sauté for 30 seconds more. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, paprika, thyme, salt, and black pepper to skillet and stir.
- Gently mix in chopped cabbage. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir, recover, then simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until cabbage is tender.
- Remove lid and add tomato paste. Stir and simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes, or until sauce reduces slightly.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, add additional tomato paste and stir. Serve over cooked rice or without for low carb.
Can I freeze Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole Rolls
The leftover can be frozen and reheated for another day. Freeze up to 3 months. Refrigerate up to 3 to 4 days.
Let the casserole cool then freeze in portions in freezer-safe containers. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then either microwave until hot or heat in the oven in an oven-safe dish covered with foil.
Split it among 2 smaller casseroles and freeze one for later, this always comes out great.
I love cabbage, and this recipe is my favorite one… and if you’re following Weight Watchers freestyle don’t worry about Weight watchers smart points because this unstuffed cabbage rolls recipe come only with 3 weight watchers smart points.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 400 | Total Fat: 16 g 24 % | Saturated Fat: 6 g 29 % | Cholesterol: 89 mg 30 % | Total Carbohydrate: 13 g 4 % | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 32 g 64 %