This birthday cake is The Best Keto Vanilla Cake Recipe I have ever had. It is super moist, fluffy, and delicious. Covered in vanilla mascarpone cheese frosting, this vanilla cake is really the best.
Made with almond flour and coconut flour, Vanilla sugar-free cake is perfect for a birthday, or any other occasion!
Keto Sugar-free Vanilla Cake is a tender vanilla layer cake with fresh strawberry and a rich mascarpone cheese cream frosting. This keto cake may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, it is so easy to make.
I’ve made homemade birthday cakes for my family for over so many years. It’s something I really enjoy. But now I started baking gluten-free low carb birthday cake recipes. They aren’t any harder to make than regular cakes and I enjoy them even more.
The texture of this birthday cake is JUST like any vanilla cake out there- moist and fluffy, with a tender crumb. The taste is gorgeous- sweet with notes of vanilla throughout.
Why this Cake is the BEST keto Low Carb Vanilla Cake
- It has a mascarpone strawberry cake layer which is out of this world amazing!
- You only need 12 ingredients to replicate this beautiful vanilla layer cake.
- This fresh strawberry vanilla cake has a delicious stabilized mascarpone cheese cream frosting.
- The keto vanilla cake is loaded with fresh strawberries.
Ingredients to make the perfect Keto Vanilla Birthday Cake
Almond Flour– You must use blanched almond flour, otherwise the cake will be darker and denser. Blanched almond flour is often called superfine almond flour.
Coconut Flour– Works with the almond flour to produce a super fluffy and moist cake. DO NOT omit this or substitute this for something else.
Baking Powder– Leavens out the cake and helps it rise.
Salt– Brings out the sweetness of the cake.
Butter– I used vegan butter, to keep it dairy free. If you use vegan butter, try to use the stick variety (not spreadable) as it doesn’t have any added water or fillers on it.
Low Carb Sweetener– You can use either monk fruit sweetener or erythritol. I prefer using monk fruit as it is most similar to white sugar.
Eggs– Use room temperature eggs, not refrigerated.
Milk of choice– Almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, etc. All will work.
Vanilla extract– A MUST for any cake or baked food recipe.
How to make the Best Keto Vanilla Birthday Cake
Keto Vanilla Cake
- First, go ahead and warm up your oven at 350ºF (177ºC). While it’s preheating, line the bottom of a 8-inch round springform pan (I like this one with parchment paper.
- Next, get out your mixing bowl and add your erythritol and butter. Beat them together until they are nice and fluffy. There’s no need to sacrifice that creamy, buttery texture you’ve come to love just because you’re baking a low carb cake.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the almond flour, coconut flour, and gluten-free baking powder.
- Divide batter into the three prepared baking pans equally. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Don’t overbake or the cake will be dry. Let cool to room temperature.
Mascarpone Cheese Frosting
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Beat together the mascarpone cheese, powdered erythritol, and vanilla extract. Add heavy cream and beat until smooth.
- Let the cake layers cool separately to room temperature before stacking.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the frosting over the cake. Layer with the chopped strawberries and spread 1/4 of the frosting over the strawberries.
- Place the other cake layer on top and lightly frost the outside and the sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, decorate with fresh berries and additional whipped cream to your preference. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tips Before You Get Started
- Room Temperature – Make sure that your eggs, butter and sour cream are at room temperature. I know you want to rush and bake this cake, but trust me and let your ingredients come to room temperature.
- Prepare Your Pans – Use your hands to coat each pan with a little butter. Then dust the pan with flour spreading it all around the pan and then tap the cake pans to get off any excess flour. I also add a circle of parchment paper to each tin after this process.
- Weigh Everything – If you don’t have a food scale, it’s time to invest in one. Weighing all your ingredients helps ensure everything is measured properly and comes out consistent each time. You can also use the food scale to make sure that each cake pan has equal amounts of batter in each one.
Can I Add Other Fruit Into The Frosting?
Yes, when you are making this strawberry cake, you can substitute different fruits or use a combination of various fruits. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries would be good options to try.
How Long Does Fresh Cherry Cake Last And How To Store It?
The fresh strawberry vanilla cake should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. On average, this cake recipe will last around 2 days.
Amount Per Serving