Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are made with a simple one-pan dinner that includes seasoned chicken and vegetables roasted all on one pan!
Chicken Fajitas are most commonly made with chicken breasts (but chicken thighs work well too). Colorful bell peppers, red onions, and chicken tenders simply tossed together with olive oil and spices. Squeeze fresh lime juice over them after cooking, sprinkle with fresh cilantro, wrap them in a warm low-carb tortilla and that’s it!
Although my kids and husband enjoy this fajita chicken in warm low carb tortillas, this recipe can also be made healthy and low carb served over a bed of lettuce or in lettuce wraps. Serve it however you’d like!
You know I love my easy dinner recipes, especially when they turn out to be something my whole family loves! This easy fajita recipe is definitely one to add to your recipe book.
I’m always on the hunt for simple dinner ideas for busy weeknight meals, and this chicken recipe is on regular rotation at my house.
I love that I can prepare the entire meal ahead of time. chopping the veggies and chicken in advance, and making the seasoning. Then all that’s left is to toss everything together on a sheet pan and bake it.
Ingredients to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Green pepper, thinly sliced
- Red pepper, thinly sliced
- Yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken, onion, and peppers in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, onion powder and a large pinch of Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then stir meat and veggies on the pan and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Broil on high 2-3 minutes just to get the edges of everything crispy and a little charred.
- Serve on flour tortillas with all your favorite fajita toppings!
Try these incredibly delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas this week — you likely won’t find a single piece leftover in the pan by the time dinner is done.
Tips for the Best Fajitas Recipe
- Use fresh ingredients.
- Allow at least 1 hour to marinade for enough flavor absorption (to the exterior of the meat), don’t go beyond 6 hours though or chicken texture can be altered.
- Make sure to toss the fajitas halfway through the baking time to ensure everything cooks evenly.
I love that I can prepare the entire meal ahead of time. chopping the veggies and chicken in advance, and making the seasoning. Then all that’s left is to toss everything together on a sheet pan and bake it. The simple homemade fajita seasoning really makes this dish shine!