These zucchini pizza bites are an easy snack that satisfies your craving for pizza whatever diet you are following: keto, weight watchers, whole30, paleo… This zucchini pizza bites recipe fits in any diet plan.
My garden is full of zucchini again and I needed to find a new way to enjoy this summer vegetable. I want to use up my zucchini. I couldn’t wait for the garden to start producing zucchini for me. Thinking of new zucchini ideas is my quest each summer.
Zucchini pizza bites are a great way to eat more vegetables without sacrificing cheesy flavor. You can make quick zucchini bites topped with classic pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and mini pepperoni. Or make even healthier zucchini bites by using prosciutto, button mushrooms, arugula, and fresh tomato.
Zucchini Pizza Bites is a perfect way to use up all the zucchini that maybe got a little too big in your garden while satisfying your need for pizza without all the calories or carbs. They’re great for lunch too or as a side dish. They really are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings for pizza whatever diet you´re following.
Ingredients to make Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce (I use my homemade Low Carb Marina Sauce)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese or Parmesan (try other kinds of cheese like provolone, cheddar or parmesan to take your Zucchini Pizza Bites to the next level!)
- Salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Bacon or Pepperoni
How to make Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4″ rounds and place on a baking tray that has been lined with either parchment paper.
- Brush the top side of each zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 3 minutes and then flip each zucchini slice and brush with a little more olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add a spoonful of marinara sauce to the top of each zucchini slice.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle Cheddar / Parmesan cheese, bacon or pepperoni, green olives, and finally dried oregano on top.
- Turn the oven up to broil and place the baking tray under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
Zucchini pizzas can be made ahead and placed in the fridge until your guests arrive. When they arrive, simply pop the pan in the oven and enjoy! But don’t forget, this zucchini pizza bites recipe is so versatile, it can also be dressed up for a more upscale presentation!
If you try this recipe, please use the hashtag #momsecretsco on Instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow MomSecrets on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest for all of the latest content, recipes, and updates.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 17 g 25 % | Saturated Fat: 4 g 21 % | Cholesterol: 20 mg 7 % | Total Carbohydrate: 7 g 2 % | Protein: 8 g 16 %