This Marry Me Chicken Recipe features boneless chicken breasts with a sun-dried tomato creamy sauce made with heavy cream and parmesan cheese. It’s a quick and easy crowd-pleaser chicken recipe.
Everyone will love this perfect one-pot chicken recipe that’s ideal for busy weeknights. And it’s excellent for gluten-free, low-carb, and ketogenic diets.
This creamy chicken is also family-friendly! All you need to make this wonderful dish is just a few ingredients and half an hour from your time.
What is Marry Me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is very similar to Tuscan Chicken. You’d think that it’s very similar, but it tastes quite different and the textures are probably more interesting. While Tuscan Chicken is made with Spinach, Marry Me Chicken adds Red Pepper Flakes. The recipe’s name is funny if you ask me, but it’s said that if you serve it to your partner, he’ll instantly propose because of how delicious this recipe really is.
So, if you’re looking for a marriage proposal, let’s get cooking!
I’m sure you will love this keto chicken recipe. It starts with chicken breasts (or boneless chicken thighs) that are sauteed in butter until golden brown. Then, heavy cream and sundried tomatoes combine with garlic and Parmesan to make a savory, creamy pan sauce.
Altogether, it’s an easy, crowd-pleasing, popular 30-minute dinner that’s made in just one pan. Can’t get better than that for a quick weeknight dish!
Ingredients to make Keto Marry Me Chicken
- Chicken breast – sliced into cutlets. You literally just slice them in half to make them thinner. If you use whole chicken breasts, you’ll need to finish this off in the oven to make sure that they’re cooked through. But I like cutlets better in this recipe.
- Salt, and pepper
- Butter – to brown the chicken I use butter for flavor. You can even use the sundried tomato oil for extra flavor. That’s free flavor there!
- Garlic and onion powder – because it makes everything taste better!
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream and parmesan cheese – for a super creamy and flavorful sauce. Do not use single or light cream as it won’t thicken the sauce very well.
- Chili flakes, paprika, and thyme – for extra flavor.
- Sundried tomatoes – what makes this dish so special!
- Fresh parsley leaves – for garnish
How to make Keto Marry Me Chicken
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the butter. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and sear until golden (about 4 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a plate, and set aside
- Brown the chicken (do not overcrowd and work in batches if needed) for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer onto a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Stir in thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in sundried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken breasts. Place in the oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through – about 15 minutes, or until it reaches 165F internal temperature. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, if so desired.
- Marry Me Chicken is now ready! Just garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over
HOW TO SERVE KETO MARRY ME CHICKEN
I like to serve this keto chicken dish for dinner with a side of simple cauliflower rice or, even better, my favorite mashed cauliflower.
HOW TO STORE KETO MARRY ME CHICKEN
If you have any leftovers (lucky you!) store them in the fridge in a lidded container for up to three days.
Reheat in the microwave or in the oven, you will need to add a splash of water to thin out the sauce as it thickens in the fridge.
I don’t recommend freezing creamy sauces as they change textures to grainy when frozen.
Enjoy your delicious chicken dinner!