|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup mashed banana 1 small banana, very riped
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Mash the banana and set it aside.
- Put the cream, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, and powdered sweetener in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and take off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until fluffy using an electric mixer. Add the mashed banana and blend the egg mixture until combined.
- Slowly pour half the cream mixture into the egg yolks while whisking continuously. Then pour the warm cream and egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream, whisking continuously with a balloon whisk or the electric mixer.
- Slowly heat the pudding mix over low heat while whisking continuously, about 5-7 minutes. The whisking ensures that the egg yolks don't cook and curdle. The mixture will thicken.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle xanthan gum over the surface. Whisk vigorously one more time until well combined.
- Divide the mix between 4 dessert cups and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour. The pudding thickens further as it cools.