|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 6 eggs
- 6 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate best quality and chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- To begin, place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Break the chocolate into small pieces directly into the bowl (no need to chop it first and dirty a cutting board).
- Microwave it in 20-second intervals, stirring between each bout of heat, until the chocolate is about 75% melted. Stir, allowing the residual heat in the bowl to melt the chocolate completely. This prevents the chocolate from scorching.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks with sweetener and vanilla extract for about 5 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, beat the egg whites with sea salt until soft peaks form.
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix only until uniform, then set aside.
- Divide the mousse between 6 individual glasses, cover, and chill until set, at least 2 hours.