|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||25 minutes|
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or ghee
- kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into large bite-size florets.
- Make the cauliflower mash by bringing a later pot of water to the boil. Season the boiling water with 1 tablespoon of salt and boil the cauliflower florets along with the garlic for 7-10 minutes, or until you can mash the cauliflower with a fork.
- Remove and drain. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Blend cauliflower and garlic in a food processor on high setting until smooth. You may need to do this in batches of two or three, depending on the size of your processor.
- Transfer blended cauliflower into the pot. Season with salt (if necessary), pepper and nutmeg. A handful of Cheddar cheese adds interest and a nutty flavor.