|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 tomatoes medium size, fresh and ripe
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Core the tomatoes, cut into wedges. Then cut each wedge in half crosswise. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers. Using a vegetable peeler, make long stripes going top-down. Slice into 1/4" thick slices slightly on the diagonal. Transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Cut the avocado in 4 quarters lengthwise and remove the pit. Gently remove the skin, then slice and add to tomatoes and cucumbers, along with the diced onion.
- To prepare the dressing, throw olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, dried oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper into a small bowl and whisk together vigorously, until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently using both hands. You can serve immediately or cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve. This salad only gets better with time.