|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10-15 minutes|
|Passive Time||15-20 minutes|
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs asparagus (use thick spears) tough bottom ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant and just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the parmesan cheese. Return to oven and broil (or grill) until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Drizzle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.