These garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes are perfectly baked in the oven. Crunchy on the top and soft on the inside. They make an easy and delicious side dish that only requires a few minutes of prep and goes with so many meals! These are the best oven roasted potatoes!
This is the easiest and delicious roasted potatoes recipe with only a few ingredients: olive oil, butter, garlic, rosemary and salt, and pepper. This roasted potatoes recipe makes for an impressive side for special occasions (Easter, Father’s Day) and it is ready to become your new easy, favorite way to devour potatoes. Your new favorite way to impress your family and friends.
But I think that they also make great weeknight dinners that only need minimal prep and cook in the oven while you have time for other things. These roasted potatoes are always a hit in our house! I love to combine them with veggies and sausages to make an easy minimal-prep weeknight dinner.
Cooking dinner on a sheet pan gives you more time to do other things while your meal is cooking in the oven and clean up is super quick. The potatoes are sliced like Hasselback potatoes, roasted with olive oil, garlic, butter, parsley, and rosemary. It’s really very easy and the only seasonings you will need are black pepper and salt.
For me, baking/roasting potatoes is a healthier way to eat potatoes. I love oven roasting vegetables from oven roasted potatoes to oven roasted carrots to oven roasted broccoli and asparagus. As the vegetables roast, the become tender on the inside and caramelized on the outside. Their natural flavors in these oven roasted potatoes are enhanced.
What do you need to make oven roasted potatoes
- Starchy russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make the BEST oven roasted potatoes
- Wash very well your potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400º F.
- Cut slits on the potatoes, do not cut through.
- Transfer the potatoes onto a baking tray and brush with the olive oil.
- Add the crushed garlic, parsley, and rosemary. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 1 hour, basting the olive oil mixture at 30 minutes interval. Serve immediately after roasting.
Easy peasy, and after an hour in the oven, magic happens and you have the most amazing, tender, aromatic, and absolutely flavorful roasted potatoes.
Tips to make the best oven Roasted Potatoes
- Pick potatoes that are similarly sized so they cook evenly and are done at the same time.
- Don’t overcrowd your baking sheet otherwise the roasted potatoes won’t crisp up.
- I choose Starchy russet potatoes because for me they work best in this recipe.
- I recommend using small to medium potatoes rather than large. If you decide to go for large, then you will only need about 4 of them instead of 8. They need to be washed well because you will keep their skin on.
Give these crispy roasted potatoes a try and let me know what your favorite combination is! Quick, simple and incredibly delicious!