This Cheesy Keto Meatball Casserole is delicious topped with your favorite marinara and loads of melty cheese! Baked in a casserole dish, this easy keto dinner idea is a huge hit with kids!
I’m always trying to figure out how to serve my family a variety of dinners that are relatively nutritious, don’t require expensive/weird ingredients, can be prepared in a matter of minutes, and that everyone actually loves.
My kids love, love, love, meatballs. They are full of flavor and so fun and easy to make. I love making meatballs because everyone is happy. These Low Carb Chessy Meatballs are a hit with my family and should be a hit with yours.
Looking for a great low carb dinner option? This low carb meatballs casserole recipe is fabulous. It’s a clear winner with the whole family! Meatballs, marinara sauce, and cheese combined in perfection. They’re incredibly delicious and make great leftovers which is always super helpful during a busy week.
You can even go one step further and make your own Low Carb Marinara Sauce. Not only is it super easy to make, it’s more cost-effective than buying a premium store-bought brand. The flavor is outstanding and worth just the little bit of effort it takes.
Ingredients to make Keto Cheesy Meatballs Casserole
- Olive oil
- Red onion — chopped
- Extra-lean ground beef
- Seasoned keto breadcrumbs
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley — finely chopped
- Seasoning: garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese — shredded
- Parsley — fresh chopped, for garnish
How to make Keto Cheesy Meatballs Casserole?
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and butter a casserole pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine ground beef, keto breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt and black pepper in a large salad bowl.
- Then, add the sauteed onions and mix everything well to combine.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form the meatballs all the same size. Place the meatballs in the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove the meatballs casserole from the oven and drain the grease.
- Top the casserole pan of meatballs with tomato sauce and shredded cheese.
- Place the meatballs casserole back in the oven. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.
CAN I FREEZE BEEF MEATBALLS?
Yes! Meatballs freeze beautifully. It’s easy to prepare a large batch of beef meatballs. You can use what you need to make this easy casserole recipe and freeze the rest for another meal.
Divide the leftover casserole into meal-sized portions and place them into airtight freezer-safe containers or heavy-duty freezer bags. The cooked meatball casserole will keep well in the freezer for up to three months.