This blueberry smoothie is creamy, healthy and perfectly delicious keto and low carb breakfast. You only need less than five minutes.
Spring is on the air and berries is just beginning. I must say that berries are my favorite fruits. Blueberries boast a ton of reported health benefits including increased energy, focus, and concentration as well as lowering the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. That sounds like a superfood that’s perfect for busy school days!
Smoothies are so refreshing, especially during warmer weather. They are packed with nutrients and make a great breakfast or other meal replacement. It becomes my new on-the-go breakfast on summer days.
Our mornings are a frenzied flurry of activity as my family rushes around getting ready for school. To ensure that breakfast doesn’t get lost in the shuffle, I like to blend up a family-sized batch of our favorite smoothies so that everyone is able to grab a healthy breakfast on-the-go. This blueberry smoothie tastes just like my boys’ favorite baked good, and it’s loaded with healthy ingredients. Plus, my kids love it!
Smoothies are a great easy and tasty way to get the nutrients your body needs. If you are on a keto diet here you have one more option for your breakfast. This smoothie makes for a yummy, easy breakfast. Not to mention, a very filling smoothie!
Smoothie Recipe Tips
- Use at least one frozen fruit to make your smoothie nice and frosty.
- Add a small amount of liquid into the blender first. You can always add more as you blend. This will be the base of your smoothie. I use almond milk, but you can use any kind of milk
- Add your frozen sliced fruit chunks, and then yogurt. I use coconut yogurt, but Greek yogurt works as well if you’re not vegan. Yogurt gives the smoothie an extra creaminess
- If desired, add in a few drops of vanilla extract for extra flavor!!
- If you like your smoothies sweeter, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup, or on keto liquid stevia
- For a thick smoothie, use frozen fruit.
- For a thicker smoothie, start with less almond milk, you can always add more as you blend.
What do you need to make this KETO Blueberry Smoothie?
Avocado (for Vegan) or Cream Cheese (for Keto)
How do you make this KETO Blueberry Smoothie?
This blueberry smoothie is super simple to make and will actually keep you satisfied for hours. Whip them up for breakfast, or any time —they’re really satisfying and delicious.
After you have all the ingredients, the next step is the easiest part.. blend it all together!
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 247 | Total Fat: 19 g – 30 % | Cholesterol: 47 mg – 16 % | Total Carbohydrate: 14 g – 5 % | Protein: 4 g – 7 %