Keto Chicken Stir Fry is a perfect quick and easy low-carb weeknight recipe that’s ready in just 30 minutes! It’s loaded with tender chicken, mushrooms, and fresh broccoli. I hope you’re inspired to make this easy and tasty dinner!
This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal when you want to make something quick. 20 minutes is all you need to have a great meal on the table that is 1000x better than take out! I am a huge fan of one-skillet dinners and make them at least a few times each week.
My two boys have some issues with vegetables but likely they like broccoli and mushroom.
There’s nothing better than a good stir fry and there’s nothing better than a quick and easy dinner recipe for when you don’t have a lot of time to cook, and this chicken and broccoli stir fry definitely fits the bill. This dish tastes like something you’d order at a Chinese restaurant, except it’s better for you (and cheaper!).
Ingredients you need to make this Keto Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
This mushroom broccoli chicken is very easy to make and is made with a few basic ingredients. You will need:
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Small broccoli florets
- Chicken broth
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Oyster sauce
- Low carb sweetener
- Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Xantham Gum
How to make Keto Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and then cut those into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle lightly with a little salt and pepper (white pepper is ideal for Chinese flavors).
- Cut broccoli into half florets and leave small ones whole. Dice the ginger and garlic and measure out the sauces (mix them in one bowl for ease).
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli (cut side down) and cook for 2 minutes covered with a lid. This will help to steam the broccoli while also frying the bottom. Uncover, flip over and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the chicken for 3 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter, ginger, and garlic to the skillet on medium-high. Cook for about 1 minute or until it’s starting to turn golden and aromatic. Return the chicken and broccoli and pour in the sauces. Stir fry for about a minute together and serve.
Why this keto stir fry recipe will be your go-to weeknight meal-
- Ready in 10 minutes, so you can spend the extra time prepping some dessert to enjoy after.
- Easily customizable with whatever veggies or protein you have in the refrigerator. This means you can use up any veggies that are on their last legs.
- Easy to make ahead and have them as part of a meal prep lunch, perfect for school or the office.
Storing, freezing, and reheating chicken stir fry
- To store: Leftover stir fry can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one week.
- To freeze: Place stir fry in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months. You must thaw the stir fry to room temperature before reheating.
- Reheating: Either reheat in the microwave for 30-seconds or in a non-stick pan until warm.