This Easy Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip is a recipe that is definitely a crowd-pleaser. Serve it at your new dinner party and your guests will love it!
I love to make easy and delicious recipes that everyone loves. This low-carb Spinach Artichoke Dip is definitely one of those recipes. I feel like it’s a must-have appetizer for almost any dinner party. Simple and quick low-carb appetizer for Holiday celebrations, birthday parties, game day finger foods, or just a quick snack.
It’s a perfect keto recipe that is going to be one of your new favorites. But not only is it keto-friendly it’s gluten-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, nut-free, and grain-free. It’s a great dip that is perfect for almost everyone.
I prefer to use freshly cooked spinach for this dip. You can use frozen spinach in a pinch, but I find that frozen spinach has a stringier texture.
Is Spinach Artichoke Dip Keto?
Yes, this cheesy gooey spinach artichoke dip is keto-friendly. It’s low in carbs but is so delicious that even those who aren’t eating low carb love this dip as well!
Ingredients to make Keto Spinach Artichoke Recipe
- Fresh Spinach
- Cloves garlic
- Artichoke hearts
- Cream cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Sour cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Hot sauce
- Sea salt & Black Pepper
How to make Keto Spinach Artichoke DIP
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to the pot one handful at a time letting it cook down until it is wilted before adding the next handful. Season with salt and pepper. Add crushed red pepper.
- Continue cooking until most of the liquid from the spinach has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the artichokes.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Stir until combined and melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a couple of dashes of hot sauce if desired.
- Scoop in mixture into an oven safe bowl or cast iron pan. Set on top rack of the oven and broil until golden brown and bubbly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
CAN YOU MAKE SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE AHEAD?
Yes! You can make low carb spinach artichoke dip ahead of time. In fact, it’s a great recipe to prep ahead and bake right before serving. It makes it perfect for parties and get-togethers because you can do most of the work ahead of time.
To prep the dip ahead, follow the directions 1-5. Once you transfer the low carb spinach dip to a dish, cover, and store it in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to bake the artichoke keto spinach dip, take it out of the refrigerator while you’re pre-heating the oven, and then bake until hot and bubbly.
HOW TO FREEZE CHEESY SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
This easy spinach artichoke dip is perfect to freeze! You have two options for freezing keto spinach dip.
1. Freeze leftovers. If you happen to have some leftover keto dip, simply store it in an airtight container and freeze. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
2. Freeze before baking. You can also make the low carb spinach artichoke dip ahead and when you’re at step 6 (and ready to bake it), simply cover it tightly and freeze. Let it thaw in the refrigerator and bake as directed.