Lemon Thyme Roast Chicken makes a tender, fresh and juicy chicken dinner. This oven whole chicken recipe is keto, low carb and healthy.
Roast chicken is a classic in my home. I love to make roast chicken because is really easy and quick to prepare and you don’t need much more than taking a look at the chicken in the oven. It’s a perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner, that’s why I repeat this recipe over and over again.
This chicken is so juicy and the meat comes out so flavorful. The skin is crispy and seasoned just right with lemon thyme, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
One of the best roast chicken recipes you’ll ever try and the simplest you’ll ever see. No need to worry about how to roast a chicken anymore with this easy and delicious roasted whole chicken recipe. So simple that anyone can make a perfect roast chicken in their very own kitchen.
At this time of year, my mind, body, and soul crave the cozy comfort and the familiar smell of a chicken roasting in the oven. This chicken makes a perfect dinner but it makes a delicious Sunday roast. I know roasted whole chicken is nothing new… but I want to share with a simple and tasty way to roast chicken. The lemon thyme gives the chicken an amazing flavor.
And now I have a few tips to make the perfect roasted chicken:
- I like to wash the chicken and then pat it dry
- Season the chicken with salt and lemon juice (first lemon; then salt). I like to do this in the previous day to help dry out the skin and make it even crispier, but you can even salt it a few minutes before.
- Use an herb and butter rub under the skin. This will baste the chicken while it cooks, add flavor, and be just so amazing. Please don´t skip this step.
- Baste your chicken with pan juices after you are done the cooking.
- Rest the chicken after removing it from the oven.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 199 | Total Fat: 16% | Cholesterol: 10% | Total Carbohydrate: 2% | Protein: 2%