Keto carrot cake is a perfect Easter dessert. This truly is the BEST carrot cake! Moist, fluffy cake flavored with lots of spice topped with a lusciously creamy mascarpone cheese frosting.
Easter is a month away! I love all of the pretty spring colors and gorgeous desserts to go along with the season. It has been a while since I’ve decorated a cake, so I decided to make an Easter carrot cake. It makes such a wonderful spring dessert! Wrap up your holiday celebration with these impressive Easter cake.
Who misses carrot cake when going low carb? Well, you clearly don’t need to anymore because my low carb carrot cake recipe is versatile and super easy. This low carb carrot cake is sugar-free, grain-free and gluten-free.
Carrot cake is one of our favorite cakes in our home. It’ s a hit, that everyone always loves to eat. It disappears in a second. This low carb carrot cake it’s good enough to share with the whole family, even if they aren’t low carb.
When I started to make this keto carrot cake my idea was to make a carrot cake roll. But sometimes things don’t work out as we imagine and I had a little problem when I was trying to roll the cake. It just starts to broke.
So I had to think in a way to fix this problem. Obviously, I will not have a cake roll, and the idea of wasting food does not please me at all. So I have to reinvent a dessert with this low carb carrot cake that I had in my table.
That´s when this three layer cake came into my mind. A three layer carrot cake with a mascarpone filling and fronting… It’s just so perfect!!
What do you need to make a Keto carrot cake
For the keto Carrot Cake
Finely-grated fresh carrots
Unsalted Butter or Coconut oil
A mix of spices (cinnamon and ginger powder)
Low carb Sweetener
For the Mascarpone Cheese Frosting
How to make keto carrot cake
- To start, preheat the oven to 350ºF / 160ªC. Line a 15 X 10 inch baking tray with parchment paper. Then grease the bottom and sides.
- Beat the eggs with low carb sweetener. Add butter and grated carrots. The carrots help keep the batter moist. For this reason, grate them yourself right before using, so that they are somewhat wet.
- Mix another dry ingredients in a bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, spices, sea salt, and baking powder. Make sure you use finely ground blanched almond flour for the right texture.
- Add dry ingredients into the eggs mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the baking sheet, and bake until the top springs back (more or less 15 minutes; it will depend on your oven). You can also use a toothpick to test for doneness.
- Let the layers of low carb carrot cake cool completely before frosting on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the mascarpone cheese frosting beating the mascarpone cheese using a hand mixer. Add powdered sweetener, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Beat again, until creamy. You can adjust the amount of cream to desired consistency.
This sugar-free carrot cake can work for a keto diet. A slice has only 6 grams of net carbs.
This Easter cake recipe was easy to make, pretty to look at and fun to eat. What a cake!! I’d love for you to give this from scratch keto carrot cake recipe a try – it really will blow your mind!
It is so supremely moist and fluffy. And the mascarpone cream cheese frosting is heaven. The perfect accompaniment to this fabulous cake!
Try it for Easter, Mother’s Day, or any birthday coming up!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 116 | Total Fat 14 % | Saturated Fat 21 % | Cholesterol 16 % | Total Carbohydrate 2 % | Sugars 1 g | Protein 3 g 7 %