These steak bites are sirloin steak cut into small pieces cooked in a garlic butter sauce. It’s a perfect keto and healthy meal that is ready in 30 minutes! This is the perfect light meal for busy weeknights!
This recipe uses sirloin steak cut into small pieces. I chose sirloin because it’s tender and flavorful, and it’s not super expensive. But you can use tenderloin or rib eye too.
I like to marinate steak bites in olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. This marinade gives the steak a deep infusion of flavor. If you fall in love with this marinade, you can make a big batch ahead and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Perfect for an elegant main dish or as an appetizer for any family gathering.
The key to this recipe is an insanely hot pan so that you get a nice crust on your meat. Butter can burn at high temperatures, so I typically start the meat in a little olive oil for the browning factor, then add butter for flavor. The steak only needs to cook for a few minutes. You do not want to overcook them.
These Bites with Lemon Zucchini Noodles – So much flavor and so easy to throw together! Sirloin steak cubes are marinated and cooked to perfection in a delicious garlic butter sauce and served with healthy, low carb zucchini noodles. Ready in 30 minutes or less!
These garlic butter steak bites will make all of your family or friends go crazy. In my home and they disappeared in just a few minutes.
What do you need to make these steak bites
Sirloin steak cut into small pieces
Dried Lemon Thyme
For the marinade:
How to make Steak Bites
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade (soy sauce, paprika, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and lemon juice) and add the steak bites. Mix well and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes minimum.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Drain steak from the marinade. Keep the remaining marinade for later.
- Place the steak in the skillet in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the skillet or meat will steam, so you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until steak cubes are golden brown. Repeat with remaining meat if needed.
- Add butter to the skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat the meat in the sauce. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice, beef broth, and remaining marinade juices.
- Add the spiralized zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Stir in the fresh parsley and thyme, then allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water. Push the zucchini noodles on the side, add the steak bites back to the pan and reheat for another minute. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 477 | Total Fat: 59 % | Cholesterol: 10 % | Total Carbohydrate: 1 % | Protein: 59 %