These Healthy Baked Chicken Meatballs are made with ground chicken and simple pantry ingredients and baked to crispy perfection in the oven. They’re a perfect low-carb dinner!
My family loves meatballs and these tender and juicy chicken meatballs are their all-time favorite. Healthy chicken meatballs made of ground chicken, garlic, onion, and lemon juice. Easy, healthy and the best ground chicken meatballs recipe, so easy to make and everyone loves them.
These meatballs are a fun and tasty way to enjoy the flavor of buffalo wings without all of the guilt. They make great little party appetizers, meatball subs, or a filling main dish.
These tender, seared chicken meatballs are rolling around in a lemon butter sauce that has a nice little zing! They are so moist, with a perfect balance of flavors and so addictive.
These baked chicken meatball bites can go with with mashed cauliflower and green beans (my current favorite), or saved for quick and healthy lunch meal prep with roasted veggies. Half of the batch can be tossed with buffalo sauce and half can be frozen for next week’s Swedish meatball dinner.
Ingredients to make Healthy Baked Chicken Meatballs
To make these healthy chicken meatballs, you’ll need:
- ground chicken
- an egg
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- spices: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper
- olive oil
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- Lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley and a little
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Healthy Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and a little cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Roll the mixture into about 30 small balls. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Bring to boil, in a saucepan, the garlic, lemon juice, and butter. Put it over the meatballs.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley, then serve and enjoy.
How To Freeze Healthy Chicken Meatballs
For the most convenience, I recommend freezing the meatballs after they are fully baked.
You can store these chicken meatballs in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The other thing that we LOVE about these meatballs is that they’re paleo and whole30 friendly! This means they’re dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free!
TIPS FOR CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- You can use ground turkey instead of ground chicken with great results.
- When you select your ground chicken, pick 93-96% lean ground chicken. Avoid 99% lean ground chicken breast.
- You can also serve these meatballs in marinara sauce or with a marinara sauce for dipping.
- Try putting a little cooking oil on your hands when you form the meatballs. That helps keep the meat from sticking to you and gives you smoother meatballs.