This easy sauteed broccolini recipe with garlic lemon butter takes only 10 mins to make and perfect side dish for your weeknight dinner. This broccolini recipe is the best way to cook this vegetable in less than fifteen minutes.
WHAT IS BROCCOLINI?
You might be wondering, “Is broccolini the same as broccoli?” Well, sort of! Broccolini or baby broccoli is a green vegetable similar to broccoli but with smaller florets and longer, thin stalks. Broccolini is a healthy green vegetable and a hybrid between broccoli and Chinese gai lan (Chinese broccoli). When buying broccolini, look for stalks that are bright green, and make sure the bulbs are tightly closed.
It tastes just as delicious as regular broccoli, and maybe even better, with a slightly sweeter flavor. If you are a busy woman this recipe is for you. With just 5 minutes prep, I promise you can have a fancy side dish on your table in just 20 minutes.
One of our favorite side dishes is simple vegetables sauteed with a garlic lemon butter.
When cooked the right way, broccolini can be an elegant side dish with delicious flavor.
Ingredients to make perfect Sauteed Broccolini with Garlic Lemon Butter
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) broccolini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 squirt lemon juice
How to make Perfect Sauteed Broccolini with Garlic Lemon Butter
This dish comes together in one skillet for a quick prep. Be sure to have your skillet lid on hand, and take care not to let the butter burn while sautéing.
- Rinse the broccolini well and pat it dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Cut off the bottom third of the broccolini stems and discard.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the butter. Saute the garlic until they turn light brown before adding the broccolini. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
- Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add a few squirts of lemon juice. Once the stems of the broccolini become tender, remove from heat and serve immediately.
What goes with Broccolini?