These Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs have the most tender and juicy meat, with perfectly crisp skin. They’re baked in an AMAZING glaze mixture of Italian seasoning and sweet paprika. These chicken thighs are perfect for all who are following a keto diet.
Chicken thighs have so much tender, juicy meat on them! If you love chicken thighs as much as my family you will love this recipe too. Chicken thighs are usually more moist and flavorful. One of my favorite cuts of meat is Chicken thighs when baking chicken.
All you need is a mix of paprika, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to season these chicken thighs. This seasoning works perfectly for boneless or bone-in thighs.
Simply mix the seasoning together in a small bowl, then gently rub over chicken thighs in a large bowl.
Chicken thighs and drumsticks should generally be cooked at high temperatures. This will give you great crispy skin along will getting the meat done to a proper temperature.
For this baked chicken thighs recipe, the oven temperature is the same for bone-in and boneless – 425 F. It takes about 20 minutes to cook boneless thighs and 25 minutes for bone-in chicken thighs. Always make sure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
If you want crispy skin, you’ll throw the chicken SKIN UP under the broiler on high for 1-2 minutes. You will have to pay close attention here and make sure the chicken doesn’t burn.
Ingredients to make the Best Crispy Chicken Thighs
8 bone-in, skin-in chicken thighs
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsps paprika
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tsps onion powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 ½ tsp kosher salt or to taste
1 tsp ground black pepper
How to make the Best Crispy Chicken Thighs
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a medium-sized mixing bowl, pat the chicken thighs dry and then add them to the bowl and toss in the oil until they are fully coated.
- Lay the thighs out evenly on the baking sheet, bottom side up, and sprinkle about a third of the seasoning mix evenly over the bottoms of the thighs.
- Flip the thighs over and sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the tops of the thighs. Gently rub the seasoning into the thighs.
- Roast on the bottom third rack of the oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the thickest part of the thighs have reached an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.
How do you store Baked Crispy Chicken Thighs?
Baked chicken thighs can be refrigerated for four to five days. If you won’t be eating them during that time, you can freeze the leftovers for future use.
How to freeze chicken thighs
Allow the meat to cool to room temperature.
Divide the leftovers into portions and place them into airtight meal prep containers or freezer-safe bags.
Cooked chicken can be kept in the freezer for up to three months.
What to serve with baked chicken thighs
These juicy, tender chicken thighs would be delicious served with your favorite vegetables. We ate them with theses Roasted Parmesan Asparagus, but it pairs well with a healthy tomato cucumber salad, Cauliflower Mashed
Amount Per serving
Calories 165 | Total Fat 16 g 25 % | Saturated Fat 3 g 13 % | Cholesterol 12 mg 4 % | Sodium 493 mg 21 % | Potassium 85 mg 2 % | Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1 % | Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 % | Sugars 0 g