This easy Baked Ranch Chicken with Bacon is perfect for busy weeknight dinners, like meal prep, or to freeze. 30-40 minutes to make. Low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, high protein recipe.
This Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is one of my favorite low carb casseroles. It is so rich, creamy, and cheesy. Make this one for your next family dinner, and you will have a glow of satisfaction that comes from serving something that everyone loves.
One thing that makes this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole the best is that because you use bacon crumbles that are pre-cooked the bacon stays nice and crispy which is the way we love it!
For this recipe, a layer of chicken breast is topped with a cheese mixture flavored with my keto low carb homemade ranch dressing. The ranch dressing adds so much creaminess! It’s absolutely delicious!
I have three big reasons why this recipe is perfect for you:
- This family-friendly recipe can be made in less than an hour. You can also prep it ahead of time, then bake for 30 minutes when you’re ready for dinner.
- The low carb count makes this recipe a great choice for those following a low-carb or keto diet. It’s also a naturally gluten-free recipe.
- Leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day or use this recipe for your weekly meal prep.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
- You can prepare the casserole ahead of time and keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator. Cook within 24 hours for best results.
Ingredients to make Keto Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cream cheese at room temperature
- Garlic cloves
- Keto Homemade Ranch Dressing (find my recipe here)
How to make Keto Bacon chicken Ranch Casserole
- Heat oven to 375°F and spray an 8 x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- If the breasts are uneven in thickness, pound them to an even 1” thickness using a meat pounder.
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with half the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Ranch dressing and sour cream. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reads 150°F.
- Set oven to broil and broil the breast an additional 2-4 minutes or until the chicken turns golden. It will burn quickly so watch closely. The chicken is cooked through when the thermometer reads 160°F when inserted in the thickest part of the middle breast.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cooked bacon crumbles. Allow the chicken to rest a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with diced parsley, if desired.
WHAT IS THE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE FOR BAKED CHICKEN BREAST?
The FDA is very clear that chicken should be cooked to 165°F to avoid salmonella poisoning. This is so important!! I always recommend people buy a quality quick digital meat thermometer to keep in the kitchen. It’s one of my most used items in the kitchen!
This baked chicken pairs beautifully with so many side dishes:
Mashed Sweet Potato (If you’re not on Keto diet)
Roasted Brussels Sprouts