This keto strawberry mousse is fluffy, creamy, and sugar-free. It’s made with only 5 ingredients, it’s the perfect keto dessert to serve at any occasion.
If you like strawberries as much as we do, and want something light, fluffy, and still keto-friendly then this recipe is exactly what you’ll want to make. This low carb strawberry dessert tastes amazing!
This strawberry keto mousse uses only fresh strawberries, cool whip, and a bit of gelatin powder. Of course, vanilla is used too, because it makes this recipe so much better. This strawberry mousse recipe is one of our favorite desserts.
It’s strawberry season. This made me so ridiculously excited that I’ve spent the last few nights playing with tons of ideas of what I should make instead of actually sleeping. If you have anything in mind, I’d be happy to hear!
Fresh gorgeous local strawberries are now available and this makes me unbelievably happy. Better yet, my own backyard strawberry plants are finally producing and I can walk out of my house and pick half a pint every morning.
Have you ever made strawberry mousse?
It’s probably one of the most decadent treats ever created, and I made it a lot healthier by keeping the ingredients simple and sugar-free! And I add cream cheese on this recipe because it gives a fresher taste. I also add vanilla extract to intensify the aroma of the strawberries and result in a much richer flavor.
Ingredients to make Keto Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse?
- Fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Grassfed gelatin
How to make Keto Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse
- Start by cleaning the strawberries and chop them into small pieces. Use a blender to puree the berries. Set aside.
- Add 4 tbsp cold water to a small saucepan. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the water and allow it to “bloom” for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Add powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Add heavy cream and beat until it holds stiff peaks then add the strawberry puree and mix.
- Microwave gelatine for about 30 seconds. Add gelatin to the strawberry mixture and beat it until well combined.
- Serve in glasses and garnish with a few extra pieces of strawberry.
- Refrigerate or freeze as you like.
How to bloom gelatin
The process of blooming the gelatin softens it and helps it melt and dissolve smoothly. This process also helps prevent gelatin clumps in the recipe.
To bloom gelatin, simply put some water (or other liquid) in a saucepan or dish, then sprinkle the gelatin on top. Try to make the layer of gelatin even so that it absorbs the liquid evenly.
Microwave the gelatin for about 30 seconds.
This creamy strawberry mousse is made with only 6 ingredients. The best part is, this keto dessert takes only 15 minutes to prepare. The creamy mousse is refreshingly delicious and is low in carbs, making it a keto-friendly dessert.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 286 | Total Fat: 29 g 45 % | Cholesterol: 93 mg 31 % | Sodium: 148 mg 6 % | Potassium: 137 mg 4 % | Total Carbohydrate: 4 g 1 % | Dietary Fiber: 1 g 3 % | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 4 g 8 %