These easy-crispy garlic lemon chicken thighs are pan-seared to brown then oven baked to cook through. This recipe is keto, low carb, and whole30 meal.
My favorite type of chicken will probably always be lemon chicken. I love the way the vibrant flavor of lemon compliments and enhances chicken, I also love the way herbs and garlic pair with chicken. Throw all of those elements together along with a generous browning in a skillet and nice roasting in the oven and you get this deliciously flavorful and perfectly tender chicken!
You all know how much I love a good, juicy whole roast chicken recipe, but my absolute most favorite parts of a chook are either legs or thighs.
No, but really, these thighs are out of this world. And with a simple marinade, you’ll also be thinking about this constantly.
Plus, with the warmer weather, you can throw these bad boys on the grill with some lemon halves for extra charred lemon juice for serving. It’s so so good.
I just love the way the skin browns to golden crisp deliciousness, and the depth of flavor they had and of course how tender the chicken was. With some fresh lemon and herbs, they create a simple entree with tempting flavors.
This an easy entree that your whole family will agree on and you’ll love how easy they are to prepare!
What do you need to make Keto Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs
Lemon juice & lemon slices
Salt and black pepper
How to make Keto Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Preheat oven to 200ºC / 400ºF.
- Season chicken thighs with lemon, salt, and pepper, to taste. Let it marinate at least two hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Turn off heat and remove the chicken from the pan, then add garlic and sliced lemon to the skillet. Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Tips for making Keto Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs
- Trim and remove any excess fat from chicken thighs.
- For best result, season the chicken thighs, cover tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours (or overnight). The seasoning penetrates deep into the chicken and becomes flavorful.
- If you don’t have two hours, baking the chicken immediately is fine as well, just won’t be as flavorful.
- If you want to make this chicken thighs for a weeknight dinner, this is a perfect recipe. When you come home from a long day of work, all you have to do is bake the chicken. So easy.
This lemon butter chicken recipe is great to serve for dinner or even for a quick lunch dish. Serve thighs with a side of mashed cauliflower and salad.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 29 g – 44 % | Cholesterol: 73 mg – 24 % | Total Carbohydrate: 5 g – 2 % | Protein: 4 g – 9 %