These irresistible coconut macaroons filled with blueberry are keto, low carb, paleo and sugar-free. They’re ready in less than 30 minutes!
Coconut macaroons are a delicious and light cookie made with only a few ingredients. The best part, of course, they are keto, low carb and sugar-free!
This coconut macaroons recipe is so easy and quick to make and you only need three simple ingredients that I know for sure you have in your kitchen. These crispy, chewy coconut macaroons with the blueberry center are great for macaroon exchanges.
Blueberry season has just begun and a friend of mine brought me some blueberries from his farm. I have a few ideas for what I’m going to make with these delicious blueberries and these coconut macaroons filled with blueberries is one of the recipes that I have in mind.
These delicious macaroons can be eaten warm from the oven, at room temperature, or even cold. My coconut macaroons recipe never fails. When coconut macaroons done wrong, they’re dry, crispy, and falling apart. My coconut macaroons are none of the sorts. They’re sweet, moist, and chewy on the inside with a delightfully crisp exterior. They’re also keto, low carb, sugar-free and gluten-free!
What do you need to make keto and sugar-free coconut macaroons
Unsweetened shredded coconut
Low Carb Sweetener
How to make keto coconut macaroons?
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 165ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment beat the egg whites until medium-stiff peaks form. They should barely move if you tilt the bowl and should not pour out.
- Gradually add the sweetener, 1 tablespoon at a time, while beating constantly. Beat in the sea salt and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the coconut flakes, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop the batter onto the lined pan. Insert one blueberry into each ball you form.
- Bake on the center rack 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from the tray.
How to store coconut macaroons after baking
You can store coconut macaroons in the fridge for about a week.
These coconut macaroons are:
- Easy to make
- Require simple ingredients from your pantry
- Perfect for a cookie exchange
- Easy to modify to make different flavors
- Easy to package and ship to family and friends as a homemade gift
If you love coconut, you are probably going to love these!
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 16 | Total Fat: 1 g – 1 % | Cholesterol: 0 mg – 0 % | Total Carbohydrate: 1 g – 0 % | Protein: 1 g – 1 %