Creamed spinach is an easy homemade side dish that is also healthy, low carb and keto-friendly. It tastes much better than store-bought! You only need just a few common ingredients.
This side dish only takes a few minutes to be on your table and it’s perfect for de Holidays. Thanksgiving is around the corner and I thought that Creamed Spinach might be amazing on my table.
The creaminess will make you forget you’re eating spinach and make everyone a fan. The texture is rich and luxurious. This is the perfect way to eat spinach. Try it with pasta, roasted pork or baked chicken. I always like to serve a meal with some vegetables and if you’re like me this Creamed Spinach Recipe is a true winner.
On this year Thanksgiving and Christmas table serve creamed spinach. Your family will thank you!
Ingredients to make Keto Creamed Spinach
- Baby spinach leaves washed and dried
- Unsalted butter, divided
- Onion, chopped
- Cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Sour cream
- Nutmeg, optional
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
How to make Keto Creamed Spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with two teaspoons of salt.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Drain the spinach in a strainer or colander.
- Rinse with cold water until cool and squeeze the water out of each fistful of spinach.
- Chop the spinach bundles into a 3/4 inch width.
- In a large skillet melt the butter with the garlic and onions.
- Cook on medium-low for 8-10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the remaining kosher salt, black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add the spinach and let it cook.
- Add sour cream and let it cook for about 6 minutes.
If you’d prefer to use frozen spinach, just defrost and squeeze out as much water as you can. – Use 1 pound of frozen spinach.
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make creamed spinach up to three days before servings.
You can refrigerate for a day or two.
When you are ready to serve this keto creamed spinach, just reheat in a pan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes. Just make sure to thaw it slowly at room temperature before rewarming.
What does keto creamed spinach go with?
Here are a few ideas: