This Keto Taco Casserole is a delicious low-carb ground beef and cheese recipe that is very easy to make. It’s got all the deliciousness of tacos, without all the carbs!
If you’re looking for a healthier way to enjoy your beloved tacos, we have just the thing for you. This Keto Taco Casserole will give you all the great taste of eating fresh tacos without the high amount of carbs that come along with tacos.
The secret is to use the right taco seasoning.
This Keto Taco Salad Casserole whips up in under 30 minutes and can last you all week long as your new favorite meal prep! Taco casserole is great for so many reasons. Not only is it super easy, but it does not sacrifice the taste of real tacos! The whole family will love this casserole too!
Casseroles are the ultimate solution for weeknight dinners and potlucks! This taco version is one of the more unique casseroles, but everyone loves it!
Keto Taco Casserole is a very famous recipe on the internet. People always love it. For most folks who give it a try, it quickly becomes such favorite that it makes it into the standard dinner recipe rotation.
In my home, I make this recipe often because it’s so easy to make and I don’t need special ingredients. It uses ingredients that most people have in their kitchen as it is.
Ingredients to make Keto Taco Casserole
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Onion, chopped
- Red pepper, finely chopped
- Ground beef
- Keto taco seasoning
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Olives (I used green because that’s what I have in my fridge. But feel free to use your favorite)
- Green Onions
How to make Keto Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet heated on medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the red peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Once the beef is no longer pink, drain the excess oil using a strainer and return the beef mixture back to the pan. Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and half of the shredded cheese. Stir the mixture until the eggs are lightly beaten. Next, pour the egg mixture evenly over the beef into the casserole dish. Mix the casserole a bit to ensure that the cheese gets in between the meat.
- Top the casserole evenly with the remaining cheese, and bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the casserole is done, remove it from the oven and top with your favorite keto taco toppings like tomatoes, green onions. Serve immediately.
How to store Keto Taco Casserole?
If you have any leftovers of this keto taco casserole, just store it in a plastic container and put it in the fridge.
The casserole will stay good for a few days, if not up to a week. Any time you want to enjoy another helping, just put it in the microwave, heat it to the temperature of your liking, or reheat it in the oven for best results.
Can I freeze Keto Taco Seasoning?
It freezes well and re-heats wonderfully. Wrapped it up tightly, and frozen it for several months. Just thaw at room temperature and then warm it up in the oven.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 262 | Total Fat 23 g 35 % | Saturated Fat 9 g 44 % | Cholesterol 163 mg 54 % | Sodium 546 mg 23 % | Potassium 134 mg 4 % | Total Carbohydrate 11 g 4 % | Dietary Fiber 1 g 5 % | Sugars 1 g | Protein 25 g 51 %