Layered Christmas Jello cups are fun, festive and easy to make for holiday parties! This layered Jello recipe is made with strawberry and lime gelatin for a delicious flavor combination in the perfect colors for Christmas!
This recipe has been in my family for years. My parents made it every Christmas. They use to make. it always in a 9×13 pan and cut it into squares. Then they mix it with yogurt. It was so delicious that my brother and I eat it in a second|Putting it in individual containers is fun too. It’s not only a fun jello salad it’s also a festive decoration for the table.
These Christmas Jell-O Cups are so incredibly simple to make for your Christmas parties and get-togethers. Two boxes of Jell-O and some whipped topping is all that is needed. Super inexpensive and great for feeding a crowd.
What flavors of jello do you need to make Layered Christmas Jello?
I used strawberry and lime jello to make this layered jello because the colors are perfect for Christmas and the flavors go together really well, but you can use other flavors if you prefer. I’m not sure that there are any other green jello flavors (maybe green apple?), but there are lots of red jello flavors. Cherry would work really well and if you want some different shades of red, you could use black cherry or raspberry.
How to make Layered Christmas Jello?
- Prepare strawberry Jello as directed on box. Use ice water where it calls for cold water (this will help it set up faster).
- Pour it into the cups of your choice, remember to only fill ⅓ of the way
- Let set in fridge until firm.
- Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatine while whisking with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes or until spongy. Stand the bowl in a heatproof bowl of hot water and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Never boil gelatine, as it can become stringy.
- Prepare the middle layer by boiling the heavy cream with 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract on a pan.
While still hot add the unflavored gelatine and mix.
- Pour on top of the strawberry layer and return to the fridge until firmly set.
- For the final layer, prepare the lime jello according to package directions, and use ice water where it calls for cold water again, you do not want to put hot or warm jello on top of the middle layer it will melt it and give your jello a milky color.
- Return jello to the fridge and let it set until firm and you are ready to serve.
- Top each portion with whipped topping and garnish with Christmas decorations.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now everybody can enjoy this easy to make and really delicious Christmas dessert!!!