These deliciously easy pork chops with creamy herb mushroom sauce is a super easy dinner recipe! perfect for any night of the week. I will show you how to cook juicy and tender pork chops in no time! Cooked in one pan, they are perfect for quick and easy weeknight dinners.
This recipe is jam-packed with flavor and the pork comes out incredibly tender and juicy. All it takes to make this amazing skillet dinner with pork chops and mushroom sauce is just one pan and 30 minutes! It’s a delicious, pork chop meal that’s impressive enough to serve at your next dinner party.
I love this version of the sauce with the pork because we added Dijon mustard to it. That’s the secret ingredient! The combination of Dijon mustard and earthy mushrooms in this rich sauce is a great balance. The mustard adds a nice tang to break up the richness a bit, yet this sauce is loaded with mushroom flavor and texture.
Ingredients to make Pork Chops in Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- Pork Chops (you want a nice thick chop with fat marbled throughout, my personal favorite is to make this with pork steaks. If the pork chops are too lean, they will dry out.)
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy cream
How to make Pork Chops in Gralic Mushroom Sauce
- Take the pork chops out of the fridge 15-30 minutes prior to starting the recipe if possible. Season the pork generously with salt & pepper on both sides.
- In a deep skillet, add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes, and once it’s hot, cook the pork chops for 3-5 minutes/side or until lightly browned (3 minutes for thinner chops and 5 minutes for pork chops up to 1″ thick). Once the pork chops are done searing, transfer them to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms to the buttery juices in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Scrape up any bits leftover from the chops.
- When mushrooms are brown, add 1 tbsp butter and onions. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until onions are tender.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 2 minutes, or until cream begins to thicken. Add pork chops back to the skillet and cover with the mushroom sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5-8 minutes, allowing the pork chops to become tender and the flavors of the mushroom sauce to penetrate into the pork chops. Garnish if desired and serve.
How to cook juicy pork chops?
I believe that letting them come to room temperature for 20-30 minutes is key. Why? They cook more evenly, avoiding the dreaded raw meat at the bone and dried exterior. And, the hot pan doesn’t shock the cold meat causing it to toughen.
Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is just pure comfort food. Creamy, filling, and delicious with many sides. And that sauce – it’s almost impossible to stop myself from eating it straight up! Perfect for kids, adults, or for treating yourself with a delicious homemade meal.
How to store mushroom pork chops?
Cool it completely. Then, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat prior to serving.
What to serve with Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce?