Keto and Low Carb Gingersnap Cookies are a holiday favorite. Add them to your Christmas cookie baking list now! These gingersnap cookies are made with ground ginger and baked until lightly browned and crispy.
Gingersnaps cookies have been popular with children for generations. Unfortunately, this generation of children has seldom tasted true gingersnap cookies. This excellent melt-in-your-mouth gingersnap cookie recipe makes cookies just like grandma used to make – cookies that really snap! I really do love the flavors of gingersnap cookies.
I know we haven’t celebrated Thanksgiving yet, but I am already thinking about Christmas. We don’t have our tree up yet, but I have started baking Christmas cookies. Gingersnap cookies are a delicious treat any time of year. But a good Low Carb gingersnap cookie recipe can make the fall and winter seasons even better!
The texture of these gingersnaps is perfect. Crispy and crunchy on the outside and yet still chewy in the middle. You can, of course, bake them for a little longer if you want more of the “snap”.
These cookies are really quick and easy to make and look how amazing they look right out of the oven! When they are ready to come out of the oven let them sit on the hot baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. The cookies will set up as they cool and then you will have a batch of super soft gingersnap cookies.
Ingredients for these Keto Gingersnap Cookies
- Butter: Completely softened to room temperature (not melted, or else it will not cream properly with the sweetener)
- Sweetener: I use 1 cup Swerve Low Carb Granulated Sweetener
- Baking powder
- Flour: I typically use almond flour for this classic recipe
- Spices: We will use a mixture of ground ginger, cinnamon. Feel free to tinker around with the spice proportions to taste.
- Salt: To bring out all of those delicious flavors.
- Vanilla Extract
How to make these Keto Gingersnap Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients of melted unsalted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until combined. The cookie batter will be slightly stiff and crumbly.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out each cookie. Flatten the top of each cookie with a spatula or just use your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F or until they’re lightly browned on top.
These keto, low carb, and gluten-free gingersnap sandwich cookies are pretty much the best gingersnap you’ll ever eat! Loaded with spices and a perfect crunchy outside and chewy inside, they will impress your guests at Christmas
Your friends and family will love them! They are the perfect Christmas cookie!
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 77 | Fat: 7,1g | Carbohydrates: 0,8g | Protein: 2,3g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 19mg