Everyone in your family will be begging for seconds of this One-Pot Chili Mac Skillet! Done in just 35 minutes, this skillet recipe tastes just like your favorite chili recipe and uses simple ingredients right from your pantry!
This one-pot chili mac is a blend of ground beef, macaroni, beans, tomatoes, and spices, all topped off with plenty of melted cheese. An easy dinner option that’s family-friendly and on the table in 30 minutes!
This recipe was forgotten in my old photos. I made it for parents months ago when they came to dinner with us. This Chili Past Mac is one of my father favorite’s meals. It’s the perfect comfort food option that will please any crowd. My kids request this chili mac constantly, and for good reason – it’s loaded with flavor, texture, and of course, plenty of cheese!
You can make this recipe on Instant Pot or Crock-Pot. But I prefer to make it in a skillet to get bonus flavor by browning the meat in a skillet with the onion and garlic & spices. However, if you want to get dinner in the crock and get going, don’t bother to brown it first.
I have often made this One-Pot Chili Mac recipe with ground turkey or Italian sausage instead and it is still just as delicious. I love using a combo of ground beef and Italian sausage when I make chili. It adds so much flavor. You can use chicken broth instead of beef when you use ground turkey, or still use the beef broth for its rich flavor.
Part of the fun with this chili pasta mac recipe is adding all of the yummy toppings to your serving! The possibilities are many!
Ingredients to make One-Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- Ground Turkey
- Onion and Garlic
- Red Beans (but you can also use black or pinto)
- Bay Leaf
- Smoked Paprika
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Beef broth
- Chili powder and cumin
- Cayenne pepper and black pepper
- Macaroni (you can use another short pasta).
How to make One-Pot Chili Mac Recipe
Here are the simple steps to make Easy Cheesy Chili Mac:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef with bay leaf and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the onion to the pot and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, kidney beans, and macaroni to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, then cover the pot and cook for 12-13 minutes or until pasta is tender. Uncover the pot and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pasta. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can cover the pot if needed to help the cheese melt.
- Top with cilantro, tomatoes, and onion if desired, then serve.
This one-Pot Chili Mac is a delicious, full flavor chili mac that is easy to make and perfect for a weeknight meal for the whole family. Give it a chance and let me know your opinion.