This quick and easy recipe for oven-roasted asparagus is the perfect spring side dish. This basic recipe is seasoned with lemon juice, garlic, and shaved with parmesan. Low carb, keto, and the best side dish to any meal!
This is a super easy side dish that you can serve with just about anything from poultry, to steak or pork. Great for any holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even for Easter. Even non-asparagus fans love this recipe! Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus tastes absolutely amazing…the whole family gets behind this one.
It is such an easy recipe to make and can be served for a larger crowd. Roasting this veggie is the best way to get all the flavors out. It does not require many ingredients to make this a delicious homemade dish.
Asparagus is very tasty on its own with just a touch of salt and pepper. However, I have toasted it with some olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, then added some fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.
Ingredients to make Roasted Garlic Cheesy Asparagus
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Black pepper
- Lemon juice
Really, the lemon is optional, so if you want to narrow down ingredients to make it a super simple roasted asparagus recipe, go right ahead.
How to make Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant and just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and broil (or grill) until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Drizzle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.
How to Know When Asparagus is Done
You’re looking for the asparagus to be fork tender, but not mushy. You want there to still be a slight bite to it!
How to buy Asparagus
Asparagus should have a bright green color. The tips should be colorful and look healthy. The spears should all be stiff and hold their shape. There should not be any unpleasant slimy texture. Asparagus is often sold standing upright in the water. This is because it stays fresher when stored this way. The tips are the first to go bad when it comes to asparagus. If the tips are mushy or black, you should discard your asparagus. Any spears that are mushy, slimy, or limp should not be consumed.
Tips for the Best Parmesan Asparagus
- Buy thick asparagus and trim the ends before roasting.
- Roast asparagus in a single layer, otherwise it won’t cook properly.
- Roasted asparagus is best enjoyed right away, as it doesn’t reheat well.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g