Easy Keto Homemade English Toffee with crunchy peanuts and creamy chocolate! This Keto English Toffee is easy to make and makes the perfect treat.
Today I’m sharing my favorite kETO English Toffee recipe that tastes amazingly delicious and is so addicting! Everyone I’ve shared this easy Keto English Toffee recipe with absolutely loves it.
This is English Toffee recipe is the best! It comes out perfect every time and has just the right amount of crunch.
Homemade toffee is really quite easy to make, it just takes a little patience. I’ll walk you through the whole process.
Now, this toffee recipe is unbelievably easy. The only hard part I could think of is the caramelization process but I promise you, it’s not difficult at all. But there’s one thing you will need for sure: a candy thermometer.
Keto English Toffee Ingredients
I love that it doesn’t require a ton of ingredients to make this. I usually always have all of them on hand too, which makes it so easy and convenient.
- Sweetener (Swerve)
- Chocolate Chips
- Toasted peanuts
How to make Keto English Toffee
- Line a small loaf pan or square pan with parchment paper. Place some of the optional nuts over the bottom and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine your butter and sugar. On low heat, heat up the mixture, stirring regularly. Once it starts to bubble, add your candy thermometer and keep an eye on it. Stir every 30 seconds, until it reaches 300F.
- Remove from the heat and whisk very, very well, to ensure the mixture doesn’t separate. Gently pour into the lined pan and let sit for a few minutes.
- After the toffee has sat for several minutes, top with chocolate chips in an even layer and cover with tin foil for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours, before breaking up into pieces.
How can I tell if the toffee is done without a candy thermometer?
When the mixture turns a dark amber color it’s done.
Drop a small bit of the mixture into ice cold water. If the drip turns hard and brittle, it is done.
HOW DO YOU STORE HOMEMADE TOFFEE?
To store, place in an airtight container or zip top bag. I like to layer my toffee between wax paper sheets to prevent sticking.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
This toffee candy is good for at least two weeks if stored at room temperature. If your home is a bit on the warm side or if you’re holding onto it for gift-giving, I would store it in the fridge. It should last for a couple more weeks if you stick in the refrigerator!
CAN IT BE FROZEN?
Yes! When I’m craving a chocolate sweet treat, I’ll grab a piece (or two)!.
To store in the freezer, just place in an airtight container or bag. It should keep in the freezer for a couple of months.
Everyone is going crazy about this Keto homemade English toffee. Be careful, it is seriously addicting!