This is the best low carb and keto meatloaf recipe you will ever find. It´s tender and juicy on the inside with a sweet and tangy glaze that adds so much flavor to the meatloaf.
Here I am once more to share with you another delicious recipe! This time, it’s a classic comfort dish: Keto Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf. Because who doesn’t love tasty cheesy recipes?
I absolutely LOVE meatloaf and I always have! This easy meatloaf recipe is loaded with flavor and is pretty simple to make! Lately, with the cool weather comfort food is pretty much needed all the time.
Meatloaf as a bigger, loaf-shaped version of meatballs. So the ingredients and the technique I use are somewhat similar to my meatballs recipe!
Ground beef is mixed with almond flour, onions, and parsley but my absolute favorite part is the topping on this meatloaf recipe.
Ingredients to make the Best Keto & Low Carb Meatloaf
- Ground beef
- Almond flour)
- Onion (diced)
- Cloves Garlic (minced)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian seasoning (or any seasonings you like)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp keto approved sweetener
2 tsp vinegar
How To Make Meatloaf
Meatloaf has had a bad rap in the past… which makes me sad because it’s dang good when prepared properly! There are a few tips you need to know to make sure this meatloaf recipe comes out perfectly juicy and flavorful every time!
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Grease a 9×5 (23×13) inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the meat, eggs, onion and the seasonings. Using your hands gently mix all the ingredients. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the meat mixture out on plastic wrap, shaping it into a rectangle. Spread the cooled spinach and mushroom mixture on top and roll it into a bread shape loaf. Carefully transfer the meatloaf into a greased loaf pan (removing the plastic wrap).
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Spread the baking sauce over the meatloaf and bake for 30-45 more minutes. The cooking time varies depending on how thick is your meatloaf.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Tips to Make the Perfect Keto Meatloaf
Meatloaf is not difficult to make but there are a couple of common problems people encounter.
- Overmixing will cause your meatloaf to become dense making it seem tough and not tender. As with most ground beef recipes (including patties or meatballs), the beef and add-ins should be mixed just until combined for a tender result.
- Use lean beef (but not extra lean). You need a bit of fat for flavor but don’t want it swimming in grease so lean beef is the perfect option.
- Add flavors and moisture: Adding in seasonings and soaking the breadcrumbs in milk keep this flavorful and moist. If you have fresh herbs, add those in as well for great results!
- Cook on a Baking Sheet: Using a baking sheet to cook your meatloaf gives the best results. If you cook in a loaf pan you’ll get steam (and nobody wants steamed meat) and nowhere for the drippings to go. Form your own loaf on a foil lined pan.
- Rest the Meatloaf: With any meatloaf recipe, the final product should be rested once it comes out of the oven. This helps redistribute the juices and makes sure it won’t fall apart! So make sure to let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut carefully using a sharp serrated bread knife, not a chef’s knife.
Can you prepare Meatloaf in the night before
Absolutely! We all have busy lives. It’s a HUGE time saver when we can prep meals in advance.
First, prepare the meatloaf mixture. Keep the meatloaf mixture in the bowl.
Next, cover it tightly with a lid, saran wrap or foil. Not only is this a big time saver, but chilling in the fridge also makes the meatloaf more flavorful. When you are ready to bake it, make the meatloaf into a loaf.
In my home, we love our keto meatloaf with some Brussels Sprouts, Greens Beans & Mushrooms or Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Almost any side dish you like will go well with it!