These Skillet Chicken Tenders are incredibly easy to make and come together in 30 minutes! Chicken Tenders in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a gluten-free, low carb and keto weeknight dinner!
They make the perfect dinner recipe. Simple to make and so full of flavor, it’s a must try recipe. The whole family will love!
This quick skillet chicken recipe is packed full of flavors, thick, creamy, a little gooey, with tender pieces of chicken breast, fabulous for busy people and enjoyed by picky eaters too. So many great flavors in just one pan!
Who doesn’t love a quick and easy skillet chicken recipe? Skillet chicken has become a go-to dinner option for me because we eat a lot of lean chicken around here and it’s one of the quickest ways to cook it. Using a well-heated skillet makes the chicken tenders cook quickly and helps keep them tender and juicy.
There’s nothing like a delicious mouthwatering bowl of Creamy Chicken Mushroom! And it’s all cooked in one pan, so cleaning up is just as easy as making the recipe.
Chicken Tenders in Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- Chicken tenders
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon thyme
- Chili Pepper
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Heavy cream
How to make Chicken Tenders in Mushroom Sauce
This recipe moves fast so prep all of your ingredients prior to turning on the stove.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat and add butter and oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Season with salt, black pepper, chives, minced garlic, and lemon thyme and sauté about 4 min on each side or until just cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add thickly sliced mushrooms and season with salt. Add chicken broth. Let mushrooms sizzle about 5 min, stirring occasionally until they are golden brown.
- Add heavy cream, nutmeg, and more black pepper.
- Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a light boil and continue to cook 2 min until sauce is slightly thickened then remove from heat. The sauce will thicken more as it cools. Season with more chives and lemon thyme.
With just a few delicious whole food ingredients, this recipe is not only low carb and keto-friendly, but a quick and easy flavorful meal.
Tips for the Best Keto Chicken Tenders In Mushroom Sauce
- If you don’t have chicken tenderloins on hand, you can slice chicken breasts up instead. I just sliced chicken breasts into strips
- I prefer using low-sodium chicken broth in this recipe so that I can control how much salt goes into this dish.
You can serve these chicken tenders with:
- Cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes