Chocolate Roll Cake is an easy and simple recipe for your Christmas table. This roll cake is low carb, keto, and sugar-free. It’s completely to die for!
The holidays are around the corner and this Keto, sugar-free and low carb Chocolate Roll Cake would be an amazing addition to your dessert table. This recipe is absolutely amazing!!
One of my favorite things to make when I get into my kitchen is cake rolls. They look so impressive and are perfect for all special occasions and holidays. I tried so many cake rolls but I’ve never tried to make a low carb one. In the last weekend, I made this roll cake for a dinner with some friends on Saturday night. All of them love the cake and I confess that it disappears in a moment. Soon it occurred me that this would be a perfect dessert for Christmas table.
What do you need to make this Chocolate Roll Cake?
Erythritol (or any low carb sweetener)
How to make this Keto Chocolate Roll Cake?
When I’m making cakes I like to mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients separately and then add the wet to the dry ingredients.
After you mix the batter, spread evenly into a 15 x 30 baking pan that you lined with parchment paper with a misting of baking spray.
Once the cake is done baking, filled it with the mascarpone cream filling.
The most important thing is that you roll the cake up while it’s still hot. DO NOT skip this step or it will crack all over when you try to roll it later. Roll it up hot, let it cool.
And even if the cake doesn’t come out as perfectly, we can always cover the whole thing in frosting, sprinkles or powdered sugar.
Don’t be afraid of making cake rolls. I know some people are terrified to even give it a try. This recipe is really quite easy and It rolls up really well and forms no cracks! I made a video to help you make this amazing cake.
This is the most perfectly moist and chocolatey roll cake. The creamy mascarpone filling is so light and balances well the richness of the cake. It is perfection in each and every bite!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||12-15 minutes|
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream or almond milk
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extrct
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Roll Cake
- Measure out the dry ingredients into a bowl (almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder).
- Melt 4 tbsp. in the microwave. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients (eggs, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla extract).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes at 350ºF / 175ºC.
- Start to work on the mascarpone cheese filling.
- In a bowl combine marcarpone cheese with powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Use a hand mixer to cream together until fully incorporated.
- Plop the creamy mascarpone filling on top of the cake (while it is still warm) and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Roll the cake up gently. Use a knife to scrape off any excess filling to get a clean seam on the edge of the roll.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 124 | Total Fat: 11g-1% | Saturated Fat: 6g-30% | Cholesterol: 85g-28% | Total Carbohydrates: 3g-1% | Protein: 4g-8%