Homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream is a classic summer treat, with a minty freshness that’s perfect for hot summer days. It’s also dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan and paleo-friendly!
This really is the BEST Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream ever!
Today, I’m going to share with you my recipe for my favorite Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
Refreshingly minty, creamy, and chock-full of buttery, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chips that are ALSO extra minty. I guarantee this is the best mint chocolate chip ice cream you’ve ever had!
This min ide cream is not only one of my favorite since I was a teenager, but it’s also my oldest son favorite ice cream. Chocolate + Mint is one of my favorite combos, so this Chocolate Mint Ice Cream and my son loooves mint ice cream… It’s his favorite… And as you know I’m always searching for healthier options for the food that my kids like to eat. I don´t care if I have to stay all Sunday morning in my kitchen preparing homemade cookies and cakes for them. I prefer that they eat these homemade sweets than the bought ones.
This mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is super easy to make without an ice cream maker. And they´re made with avocados. Dairy-free and delicious ice-cream recipe. Love this paleo and vegan recipe for mint chocolate chip ice-cream.
It has such a delicious melt-in-the-mouth ice cream texture and the perfect mouthfeel. It’s rich, creamy, smoothie with a perfectly textured, packed with chocolate chips. Totally Divine!
Ingredients that you need to make mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Sweetener: I used powdered erythritol. You can use whatever you like to suit your dietary needs. You can use 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Canned coconut milk
- Mint extract to taste
- Mini chocolate chips: Here is a great sugar-free store-bought option for chocolate chips.
How to make mint chocolate chip ice cream
- In a blender combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) until smooth. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour ice-cream into a metal bowl and chill in freezer overnight or until it reaches ice-cream consistency.
You can add either a water-based green food coloring or a gel-based food coloring.
Since the gel-based food coloring is more concentrated, I prefer to dissolve 1 or 2 drops in about 1/2 tbsp of water or milk and then add it to the ice cream base to get the desired color.
I love how super easy this recipe is.
No eggs, just whisk it all together and throw it in your metal bowl!
If you are looking for a dairy-free ice-cream recipe that is made with pure ingredients and good for ya, then this is it!
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 190 | Total Fat: 17g 25% | Cholesterol: 0g 0% | Total Carbohydrates: 5g 2% | Protein: 1g 2%