These lemon pepper chicken kebabs are soaked in a fresh lemon pepper marinade and perfectly grilled to get an amazing flavor. They make a perfect keto and low carb summer dinner.
I love making kebabs, especially chicken kebabs. I think everybody knows that chicken is the favorite meat in my home. Besides being cheap, it’s healthy and very versatile. There are thousands of recipes that you can make with chicken.
These lemon pepper chicken kebabs are perfect for a barbecue or a summer party. They can be grilled in the oven, on a Charcoal fire or in a grill pan on the stove. Lemon chicken has always been one of my favorite kinds of chicken. And this recipe is one of my favorite. I love the tangy lemon complimented by the kick of the black pepper, such a good pairing.
These chicken skewers come together in about 30 minutes. They’re studded with juicy chicken pieces, red bell peppers, and chorizo.
Tips for making Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs
- Cut the chicken to equal-sized pieces for even grilling or browning.
- If using wooden skewers make sure to soak them in cold water for at least 1 hour before using so they don’t burn while cooking. Wooden skewers have a tendency to burn, catch on fire, and then easily break when trying to eat off of them. Soaking the skewers helps alleviate those issues.
- You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of chicken breasts they’ll just need to cook a bit longer, and reduce grill temperature as needed so they don’t burn.
Ingredients for these Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs
- Chicken Breasts
- Lemon juice and zest
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Black Pepper
- Olive oil
How to make Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in a gallon-size resealable bag, pour marinade over chicken the seal bag while pressing out excess air. Rub marinade over chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight. It’s very important to get the best lemon flavor to let refrigerate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade then thread onto (water-soaked) wooden skewers or metal skewers, along with disks of chorizo, red bell pepper and red onion pieces.
- Grill kebabs until cooked through, turning once halfway through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve warm.
What Sides should I serve with these Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs
Another Chicken Recipes To Try
Now let’s make the best delicious, succulent, and flavorful chicken kebabs at home. There is nothing more satisfying than a delicious meal that’s also super easy. That’s why I love these grilled chicken kebabs, they make everyone happy with little effort.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 301 | Total Fat: 15 g 22 % | Cholesterol: 113 mg 38 % | Total Carbohydrate: 6 g 2 % | Protein: 37 g 73 %