This easy spinach and tomato pasta recipe is simple, fresh, and healthy! Perfect for your weeknight dinner, it takes less than 30 minutes to be ready! Kids just love it!!
Every day I have to make two different side dishes for our dinner or lunch. Pasta is my kids favorite side dishes. So I’ve been cooking pasta with vegetables for years. Pasta is a great option whenever I’m pressed for time or haven’t had a chance to prep anything in advance.
This easy and light tasting pasta makes a delicious meal all year round but is especially perfect during the summer. My garden is bursting with juicy tomatoes and fresh spinach and basil. So nothing is better than add these vegetables to a pretty and delicious dish.
This quick pasta dish is as simple as it is delicious – with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, baby spinach, and some grated Parmesan cheese. It can be ready from start to finish in only 20 minutes so it’s perfect for weeknights when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
This speedy recipe is also endlessly adaptable and lends itself to Plenty of easy ingredient swaps. Change up the spinach for any vegetables you have on hands such as sliced zucchini and mushrooms, or add leftover diced cooked chicken thighs or cooked and crumbled sausage (if you’re not vegan. I added it for my two little boys)
This dish comes together very quickly, so have everything prepped and ready to go before you begin cooking anything. You should be able to have everything prepped before the water comes to a boil.
I didn’t take a photo of the main dish but I think that you can add any protein to this dish. Shrimp or chicken would make an amazing combo!
What do you need to make this vegan spinach tomato pasta
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes
- cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Baby spinach
- Grated parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves
- Dried oregano
How to make vegan spinach tomato pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve 3/4 cups of pasta water. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, saute for about a minute, until the garlic is just beginning to color (being careful to not let burn).
- Add the spinach and tomatoes, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cook tomatoes for about 3-4 minutes until juices start to burst.
- Add the cooked pasta and reserved pasta water little by little until pasta is well coated. Add fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Turn heat to low and gently toss to coat evenly. Add more pasta water if needed. Remove from heat.
- Season more to taste if desired and serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese.
This is a creamy, hearty linguini dish loaded with plenty of spinach and tomatoes and creates a delicious flavor combination that will leave all your family craving more.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 103 | Cholesterol: 5 mg 2 % | Total Carbohydrate: 11 g 4 % | Protein: 4 g 9 %