This Weight Watchers sugar-free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is so good that you won’t miss those extra calories! It is definitely a Weight Watchers recipe you will want to keep and it’s the only Banana Bread recipe you need!
This Chocolate chip Banana Bread is wonderful and super moist with some chocolate. This recipe is a hit in my home. Since I made this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for the first time, my kids fell in love for it…
It’s really easy to make (no mixer required!) with the most irresistible moist and tender texture. This healthy banana bread contains no refined flour or sugar and just 128 calories!
The banana flavor comes through better than most recipes I’ve made, and they also add so much moisture and keep the bread super tender. The touch of cinnamon adds that extra bit of warmth too. SO good.
It smells heavenly while it’s baking in the oven. This bread would be the perfect homemade gift for a neighbor, teacher, coworker, or friend.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is on the regular rotation at our house but for the holidays, we make this Chocolate Banana Bread. It is the favorite of the children and we are quite smitten as well. Did I mention it’s EASY?
Ingredients to make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Greek Yogurt
- Overripe Bananas
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla Extract
The tender texture of this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread comes from Greek yogurt and mashed banana. If you’ve browsed through my recipes before, then you probably know how much I love baking with Greek yogurt! It adds the same moisture to your batter as extra butter or oil but for a fraction of the calories, and it gives your healthy chocolate chip banana bread a protein boost, too!
How to make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This banana bread recipe is really easy, easy to make and SO easy to eat. This is a wet ingredient/dry ingredient recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and maple syrup.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf, comes out clean. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Once your timer rings, you’ll have a loaf of healthy chocolate chip bread to enjoy for breakfast… or snack… or dessert… Well, maybe there’s a reason why my loaves always seem to disappear in the blink of an eye?
This healthy banana bread is perfect for breakfasts and snacks, or even a little after-dinner treat! It’s supremely moist and tenders.
Tips to make the best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I am going to share my tips for making the BEST chocolate chip banana bread
- Make sure you have brown bananas. Not yellow bananas with a couple of brown spots, you want the bananas to be brown all over. The browner the bananas, the sweeter your banana bread will be. Plus, brown bananas will make the banana bread super moist.
- I prefer a metal pan instead of a glass pan. Grease the pan well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together: Whole wheat flour, baking soda, and sea salt separately.
How to Store & Freeze Banana Bread
Cover and store cooled banana bread at room temperature for 2 days. The flavors will actually intensify as the bread sits!
To freeze, tightly wrap the completely cooled loaf or slices in aluminum foil then place in a ziptop bag. Freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature. If thawing an entire loaf, you can also refresh the loaf by popping into a 325°F oven for about 10 minutes.
If you make this super moist weight watchers Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #monsecrets on Instagram!