This easy keto lemon bars recipe makes the perfect tart and tangy low-carb dessert. A buttery almond flour shortbread covered with a delicious lemon filling, all covered with sugar-free powdered sugar. A delicious keto dessert that is sure to impress!
Lemon bars have always been one of my absolute favorite desserts. They are chewy, tangy, and perfectly sweetened! These are the best keto lemon bars and everyone loves them. They are super easy to make with only 7 ingredients.
sometimes I crave a delicious summer lemony treat that I always bring to family gatherings. Nobody ever figures out that they are sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto dessert.
I always use regular lemons because they have tons of tang and lemon flavor. Since lemons are the star ingredient, you should avoid using bottled lemon juice or concentrate. Also, use no more than 1 cup of lemon juice or the custard won’t set properly and if your lemons are refrigerated, bring them to room temperature first.
It has a super delicious and bright flavor that you’ll love.
Ingredients to make these Keto Lemon Bars
The ingredients for these keto lemon bars have an almond flour shortbread crust, topped with a divine lemon curd topping.
- Unsalted Butter
- Almond flour
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Lemon juice
How to make Keto Lemons Bars
This recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make. You’ll need to make a keto shortbread crust and a lemon filling. Follow a few easy steps to make perfect low carb lemon bars:
- Prepare the crust: Mix all the ingredients for the shortbread crust and evenly press into an 8×8 inch glass baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake the crust: Pre-baking the crust will ensure two beautiful layers.
- Make the lemon filling: Just mix all the ingredients for the crust and wait for the crust to slightly cool down.
- Bake the lemon bars: Bake again for 22-25 minutes or until the lemon filling is set.
- Cool: Remove the bars from the oven and allow them to completely cool down before serving.
- Dust with powdered sweetener and cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Keto Lemon Bars Bars
- By preparing the pan with foil or parchment paper in advance you make cleanup and serving a breeze.
- Do not overbake! If you notice cracks on top of the lemon bar it means they are overcooked. But, that’s not a problem, these low carb lemon square recipe still taste incredibly delicious. Just dust them with tons of powdered sweetener!
- Use powdered sweetener – I mentioned it above and I mention it here! It’s vital to use some sory of sweetener turned into powder if you want creamy lemon bars.
Storing and Freezing Lemon Bars
To store: Lemon bars should always be stored in the refrigerator, in a sealable container. Refrigerated bars will keep well for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze: Place bars in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Other Keto Desserts you may like: